VPN'S

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I noticed that Nordvpn is advertising on this site, is anybody here using them.

Would appreciate some feedback before I subscribe to them.

tia

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I've used them in the past, they're ok but I think that Express VPN is somewhat more full featured and often quicker.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Geoff, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks Geoff, much appreciated.

I got a one year VPN with Avast. Some days it works great, other days it keeps disconnecting. :tongue:

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I've used them in the past, they're ok but I think that Express VPN is somewhat more full featured and often quicker.

I agree completely Geoff.  I had both on my computer.  NordVPN has a slick interface, but Express VPN seems to blow it away on performance.  Also, for those who need to travel to China, ExpressVPN was the ONLY one which worked while I was living there.  The subscription fee is worth it. 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Marvin, thanks for the advice, Express it is.

Case closed.

gery0x
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you need it for web browsing only, try "Epic Browser" - it's free and it has built-in web proxies!

Works like a Charm even in China(!).

www.epicbrowser.com/

For a "real" VPN, ExpressVPN is also my first choice.

Edited by gery0x

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I think to ask a question here and not follow the advise of others is senseless, so I have subscribed to Express VPN and just finished the download process, easy enough.

On the cost of it, I reckon I will have 2 alcohol free days a week thus paying for the subscription in one way or another, simple economics really.

Thanks to all again,

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I reckon I will have 2 alcohol free days a week

Sod that, No booze, no sleep. I'd rather do without a VPN.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I have been checking my bank account lately to see if the stimulus deposit has happened.

Last night I checked at about 10 pm - no deposit yet.

This morning I went to check again and the bank (Charles Schwab) showed website not found. I tried other Schwab websites and none of them would load - "not found" errors. I then checked to see if it was me or the sites and the sites tested okay. I could access everything else except one other bank...hmmm.

So I then looked at a blacklisting site I have used before and found the ISP here to be blacklisted by several of the checking sites....hmmm

I then went and joined a VPN system that shows my address now as somewhere in USA. Everything works perfectly using the VPN. So I thought I would alert the forum members that they may also have issues if using "ISP 191.96.97.58" to access some sensitive sites.

I am not an expert at all - just a duffer - in these things, so just sort of blundered through and found a solution that worked. So it seems okay now, but I would appreciate any suggestion or info any of you techno-geeks may wish to add...

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2