Go on spoil yourself

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

, you just cannot eat just the one and with a cup of tea we’ll the packets all been eaten in one sitting.

Steve, no doubt  you will be asking us all about a decent dentist before Long, keep those sweet things going and you may well need one :89:

• Haha 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

hobnobs are killers , you just cannot eat just the one and with a cup of tea we’ll the packets all been eaten in one sitting.

I've only been able to find Hobnobs at S&R and then only in a three-pack with the Originals and Rich Tea types. Sadly, they were available for only a limited time and are no longer offered. I miss Hobnobs!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

I shall try to find the original ones

Here in Davao, SM Supermarket carries a very limited assortment of British foods. A couple of breakfast cereals and biscuits from Tesco and the Original and Milk Chocolate McVitie's digestives. Savemore, SM's kin, also stocks the same. Good luck!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I am from Texas and love beans & toast for breakfast.   What else would one eat?

Is that where blazing saddles came from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 1/5/2020 at 10:57 AM, jimeve said:

It's a hate it or love it with marmite, personally I hate it .

Never tasted it. My GF loves shrimp paste on mangoes. Haven't tasted the shrimp paste either but when she cooked it, the smell is enough to make sure I never do.:unsure:

• Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Is that where blazing saddles came from?

Good movie!

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Look what i have, a good friend has been reading my post and he arrived from England with these just for me, I am going to start a thread about how I would like the Toyota fortuner and you never know one of those may turn up on my doorstep .

E034610B-1C29-4075-AAD7-595225A87860.jpeg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, GeoffH said:

This is where Aussies and Brits part ways... we'd use Vegemite instead of Marmite (if we used anything and often we don't) :56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

There are very strong opinions about Marmite vs. Vegemite. I taste little difference between the two, but what do I know? I put either on buttered toast or bread sometimes when in Australia and NZ. But I passed on the cold baked beans.

23 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I am from Texas and love beans & toast for breakfast.   What else would one eat?

Bacon, eggs and toast, of course! (Bacon rashers, when in Commonwealth countries instead of slices in USA)

15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Never tasted it. My GF loves shrimp paste on mangoes. Haven't tasted the shrimp paste either but when she cooked it, the smell is enough to make sure I never do.:unsure:

Bagoong you are referring to? I eat it on green mangoes. It's not bad really - especially the spice version. It adds a bit of zest and a ton of salt. I put a little on the mango bits while L loads up with a lot more. I don't mind the smell of that so much as that of some of the dried fish that L buys and prepares. That drives me right out of the house. It's right up there with durian in my opinion...!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I don't mind the smell of that so much as that of some of the dried fish that L buys and prepares. That drives me right out of the house. It's right up there with durian in my opinion...!

Tess has already been warned, the new house has a open plan kitchen living space.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

Tess has already been warned, the new house has a open plan kitchen living space.

No outside "dirty kitchen," Gary?