The wet market

stevewool
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry, Steve... I was referring to our household where a bit of self control is often exercised...:laugh:

Next time you see that kid, ask him if he can spell "diabetes" or "chronic obesity?"

I would love to , but he refuses flatly to speak English while his other siblings all talk in English even when told too, but as they say while in the country you must try to speak there language.

• Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sounds like he is on his way to that:whistling:

@stevewool  it seems to me that those with little or no Budget always seem to have one that gorges

Jack there budget is more then I was earning back in England but they just cannot seem to  managed it how I would, but each to there own.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

I would love to , but he refuses flatly to speak English while his other siblings all talk in English even when told too, but as they say while in the country you must try to speak there language.

Well... remember that English is an official language here, so that can let you off the hook a bit? Maybe get Emms to teach you how to ask the kid how to spell the Tagalog (or whatever his local language might be) version of those words? That kid sounds like he is being spoiled rotten... nothing you can do about that as it's not your concern. You can only observe and shake your head. Or hide the ice cream?:smile:

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Jack there budget is more then I was earning back in England but they just cannot seem to  managed it how I would, but each to there own.

AH! so are these the people who are OFW's? if so I think we can all understand where you are coming From, Plenty of cash for a car but no food, no rent while there, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :89:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Well... remember that English is an official language here, so that can let you off the hook a bit? Maybe get Emms to teach you how to ask the kid how to spell the Tagalog (or whatever his local language might be) version of those words? That kid sounds like he is being spoiled rotten... nothing you can do about that as it's not your concern. You can only observe and shake your head. Or hide the ice cream?:smile:

I shake my head but I also make sure this little shit knows how I feel too, he’s so called slow in learning  but he is not he’s just lazy and has got away with doing nothing all his life by the way he’s 18 so not a little kid now really.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I shake my head but I also make sure this little shit knows how I feel too, he’s so called slow in learning  but he is not he’s just lazy and has got away with doing nothing all his life by the way he’s 18 so not a little kid now really.

18 already? Then he might be set in his ways? What a shame. Just keep shaking your head and don't stress about him. Maybe put a padlock on the freezer door? That would make a statement!:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

That's another cultural thing here although maybe slowly changing, fat is considered healthy, thin is poor. I always remember all the fat kids on the tv advert.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gary D said:

That's another cultural thing here although maybe slowly changing, fat is considered healthy, thin is poor. I always remember all the fat kids on the tv advert.

Well, they do love all things American so...:whistling:

That said, we sure are catching up with the US on that!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

This is true throughout virtually all the island nations in the Pacific... Fat = wealth... because you can afford to eat all those fatty foods.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Well, they do love all things American so...:whistling:

HK... sorry, but I will take a slight exception to that, but mostly I agree with you...

When travelling through so many island countries, one thing that was standard fare almost everywhere was canned corned beef and lamb products. These were culls of the lesser quality beef and lamb available in their home countries of New Zealand and Australia. Try opening a can of Hereford corned beef or lamb... I did and it really was - to my palate - disgusting. It was mostly fat and gristle with some meat. Compare that with the commonly available here - Brazil or other South American beef products... 

Yes... of course, there are tons of foods (?), literally, coming from USA, but the rubbish is not all coming from USA. I am not being defensive here, just explaining. Look at the labels of so many junk foods and they are made here, Indonesia, Malaysia and, of course, USA.

But also, of course, USA was the birthplace of Coca Cola, Sprite, Lay's potato chips and so much more... That's why I only disagree with you a bit in degree, HK... With all due respect...