FAX to the U.S.A.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know a cost effective way to send a FAX from the Philippines to those scumbags at the California Franchise Tax Board?  There must be some online services now.  Have you used one?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Does anyone know a cost effective way to send a FAX from the Philippines to those scumbags at the California Franchise Tax Board?  There must be some online services now.  Have you used one?

I used https://www.myfax.com/ a few times while I was in the Philippines. I think they let send a few small faxes free of charge. I know I did not have to pay anything for the two times I used it.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I used to use eFax a fair bit without problem but I dropped my subscription a while back because my need to send faxes ceased.

They have a free trial period which might be enough for you.

http://www.efax.com

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Google "send fax online".  Quite a few to choose from.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Google "send fax online".  Quite a few to choose from.

Yes, I did, but was wondering if anybody had good or bad to say.  Thanks for the recommendations above!  Maybe I can get it done with a free trial.  I think it will be 4-6 pages.

There is one called FaxFresh.  No subscription.  $.25 per page with $1.99 minimum, pay each time you fax.  Anybody tried that one?  A key thing is that I need proof that those thugs at the CFTB received it.

tenor.gif

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Don't some of the internet cafes offer fax facilities.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Wow.  People still use fax?  I go to the local Photo copy shop and have them copy and attach to email.  All Canadian businesses I deal with accept that now.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wow.  People still use fax? 

It may sound Strange Dave but the UK only accept a "FAX" as this is from a telephone line and can't be altered midway as an email can be doctored. Receiving a Fax is considered a  binding thing, but as we say YMMV :smile:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

It may sound Strange Dave but the UK only accept a "FAX" as this is from a telephone line and can't be altered midway as an email can be doctored

It does sound strange.  I have "doctored" many a Fax in my day.  Much easier than doctoring some of the secure PDF documents sent online today. 

How did I do it, you ask?  A little bit of whiteout on the original and then do any changes and then Fax away.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wow.  People still use fax?  I go to the local Photo copy shop and have them copy and attach to email.  All Canadian businesses I deal with accept that now.

How do you attach a physical photo copy to an e-mail?  :89:

As mentioned, this is the California Franchise Tax Board, and they make the rules.  Break them and they break your knee caps.  They have decided I owe them $2229 for 2015 and said they sent a first letter in September which was never received at my sister's address I use for mailing.  So I have until 1/31/2020 to "protest", and that can be by snail mail or fax only.

Now this is despite the fact that I sent them the same information about 2016 last August, and the same for some other years.  For some reason it just does not register in their small brains that I do not live in California and do not owe them any of their 10+% state tax!!!

Yes, I need to change my mailing address to another state, but it kind of sucks that the only reason I need to do it is because of these idiots.  California has gone down the drain is so many ways!  Very sad!