There is no need to talk to me like that

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

This is spot on!!!!

Wonder if they had Philippine relatives in mind when they (Eurythmics) wrote that song?? :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

Ok, when Annie Lennox was in her prime, was she sexy, or not?  I never could decide.  But man o man, she had a voice!

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, stevewool said:

Just over 5 weeks still to be in the Philippines and we have done a lot of work and now it’s time for some our time which we have a break coming in the next few days ,hopefully travelling to Bicol .

When I bought the car I said to the wife that I don't want to see the family in the back every time I look in. the rear view mirror,  your next fight perhaps.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Viking said:

This is spot on!!!!

Wonder if they had Philippine relatives in mind when they (Eurythmics) wrote that song?? :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

I am going to down load it and play it everyday loud and I will rock my head a smile wondering  if it sinks in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

When I bought the car I said to the wife that I don't want to see the family in the back every time I look in. the rear view mirror,  your next fight perhaps.

Not a chance , it was mentioned but I think my look said the answer , I would rather see the shitty cats, dogs and rosters 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)

I let the gf do all of the driving, saves on arguments 

The family side is different,  gf will critises one of her sisters for under achievement  shes the brightest of her siblings yet needs help.from the others,  I took her mama papa and son to a restaurant for lunch , her son texted his sister and as we finished our meal 5 of them turned up ,I felt telling the 5 to eff off would be a bad idea , so I pulled 500 peso and sent them to the food court 

I'm trying to establish boundaries and accommodate both cultures, 

Theres no way she would agree to the two island rule lol

Edited by bastonjock
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

The family side is different,  gf will critises one of her sisters for under achievement  shes the brightest of her siblings yet needs help.from the others,  I took her mama papa and son to a restaurant for lunch , her son texted his sister and as we finished our meal 5 of them turned up ,I felt telling the 5 to eff off would be a bad idea , so I pulled 500 peso and sent them to the food court 

We all have our crosses to bear , letting of steam here helps loads , after a good talk to Emma after she had finished all the cleaning inside the house and outside the house which should be her lazy brothers job as he don’t like work and that was my point why are you cleaning there mess.

Anyway I am back on course , happy , until next time.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Where else on Earth would people think that's OK - I mean the family showing up looking for a free meal?  Shameless!

The two island rule - I hear it here a lot but I live on the same island  about 30 mins drive from her family - I didn't set any rules but I did set precedents in the early days which seems to have worked.  No sudden visits, no overnight stays, no money requests etc.  Her family are good, decent people in the main which contributes to the amiable set-up without us having to live somewhere we may not want to.   

The key point is the wife - she has to be onboard or trouble will simmer. 

• Like 5