Putting your foot down

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

Every day something new happens ever Emma is now thinking why have we bothered , the house looks fantastic from the front and side ,but around the back it seems to resemble back in the province they are building what looks  like another house from the work shed we had built for his tools , F’in amazing I shall get a picture later.

They are just bringing the province to your home, Steve, since they miss it so much. Just chillax...:laugh:

• Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, stevewool said:

Every day something new happens ever Emma is now thinking why have we bothered , the house looks fantastic from the front and side ,but around the back it seems to resemble back in the province they are building what looks  like another house from the work shed we had built for his tools , F’in amazing I shall get a picture later.

Earlier, when you first de-constructed you FIL's tool shed for the narrow side roof, I just assumed that he would reconstruct another in the same place if it was his cherished shop. And he would do it AFTER you were gone to avoid upsetting your aesthetic sensibilities. That was my guess, but I hope to be proven wrong. The house appearance is quiet tidy now without it, but they often see things differently here. 

:hungover_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

The house appearance is quiet tidy now without it, but they often see things differently here. 

There seems to be a love or at least tolerance for clutter here... It drives me nuts sometimes. L saves everything... But she is rather neat and organized about it - everything in its place.

That is good, I guess, from a recycling point of view, but some of it is just rubbish - at least to my point of view...

If I really expound to L and express strong opinions, she acquiesces, especially when I give her logical reasons. I am impressed that she responds so positively to my logic (whether right or wrong sometimes - I admit).

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, stevewool said:

Maybe the time to really get bothered is when the broken down motorcycles show up there and the broken pipes and wood and other detritus arrives from who knows where? I would consider drawing the line when the broken Volkswagen shows up in the back...:hystery: