Moving from Thailand

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2020 at 12:38 PM, hk blues said:

I'll throw Iloilo into the ring.  A reasonable size place with sufficient infrastructure.  For some, the lack of a visible sizeable ex-pat community may be downside.  Fast developing.  As for internet, fiber being rolled out but even without 10mbps speed is readily available unless you are moving a bit from the city.

A solid 8/10 for me

I would definitely second this, we have been living nearby in Bacolod and its always a pleasure to take one of out frequent visits to Iloilo. many may find the comment  lack of a  visible sizeable ex-pat community to be a positive. 

Appears to us the local government is concerned about the up town area and it shows, parts are just like being in any modern city. For me, it rates a thousand times better than Dumaguete, i speak from considerable hand on experience have spent a lot of time in Dumaguete. Of course each to their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, Arizona Kid said:

I could give a fork less about the technical stuff that you are talking about. Just say if it works good or not. Isn't that the same thing? :mellow:

How about "one grunt =  good, two grunt = bad".  Would that work out for you? :hystery:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

...many may find the comment  lack of a  visible sizeable ex-pat community to be a positive. 

It definitely is for me.  But, there are some who need their fellow countrymen around them and may find Iloilo lacking in this respect.  As you say, each to their own.

• Like 1