get it concreated

I would like to Jim and Paint it Corporation Green to confuse my Dogs :ohmy:

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

I would like to Jim and Paint it Corporation Green to confuse my Dogs :ohmy:

Should be fun watching them trying to bury a bone, mine try it in the house, tiled.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

but she will be the supreme architect for most of it. 

Of That Tom I think we all are sure. :smile:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Of That Tom I think we all are sure. :smile:

Without question, Jack!:smile:

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

We are doing some plantings today.  Dug up some old tiles, a huge bone, a tape measure (wtf?)....wonder what else we will find.

Seen some stuff on Facebook called 'coco-peat', and it comes in bags.  Maybe similar to mulch?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

We are doing some plantings today.  Dug up some old tiles, a huge bone, a tape measure (wtf?)....wonder what else we will find.

Keep digging and maybe you will find the Japanese horde of buried gold that we keep seeing on TV?:laugh:

graham59
Posted
Posted

I keep trying to persuade the Mrs NOT to keep sweeping up the dead leaves, but she insists.  :rolleyes:

Anyway...some beautiful new flowers today, plus a couple of huge Papayas from one of our trees,  and some green Mangoes, brought over from the farm by bro-in-law. :thumbsup:

89465682_10222269843155435_4844366430033936384_o.jpg

89716160_10222269993199186_8760187864412585984_o.jpg

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I tried to get them interested in making mulch but gave up. All food scraps go to the animals in the yard. All leaves are swept daily and burned.  The local nursery sells what they call mulch, but it is just burned rice hulls.  Not very good mulch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Try the local lumber yard, they typically sell sawdust by the bag.  I tried rice hulls one time and worked it into the soil so it wouldn't blow away.  The only issue was the remaining rice grains sprouted and needed to be pulled like weeds.  Coconut fibre is a lot like coarse peat moss.   We dig a small holes in the garden and use it as a compost pit.  All the vegetable peels, egg shells,  kitchen waste (except meat and fat) go into the pit.  When trimming shrubs I use a bolo to chop limbs small bits and add that.  These are just small holes only a few shovels full.  When the hole is mostly full put the dirt back on top or plant something right in the hole and cover with dirt.  We have cats so they keep rats away and the garden is fenced so the dogs cannot  eat the scraps.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I managed a bit of gardening this week on out new build. The size of the lot is about 270 sq metres.

MVIMG_20200315_171032.jpg

• Like 5