Special kind of stupid Filipino seniors locked down

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Viking said:

How can you call that racism?

It originated from Wuhan, so I se nothing strange with calling it the Wuhan virus. Thats how it has been done before, Hongkong flu, Spanish flu etc. Maybe we should change names on those too so nobody gets offended :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I am fine with calling it just Covid-19, but I am also very tired of people being so sensitive and trying to make rasism out of everything, sorry for my rant.  

I have removed my reply as I feel this point is a brick wall - I respect the OP's right to use a term many feel offensive and he has stated he respects my right to an opinion on that.  All good.  

Nothing more to see here so let's move on.  

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, hk blues said:

I see no reputable media reporting this as anything other than Corona or Covid and i don't see any good reason to add a 3rd but hey ho.

I know you said you are done and that is fine.  I just wanted to add a different perspective.

A month or two ago, it was commonly referred to as the Wuhan virus.  It was only after the PC teams on the left realized this was another thing to complain about that they changed what they were saying.

Search "cnn wuhan coronavirus" on You Tube and you can see where CNN stopped using it about a month ago.  Now they are at the head of the pack criticizing people who use it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cnn+wuhan+coronavirus

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I know you said you are done and that is fine.  I just wanted to add a different perspective.

A month or two ago, it was commonly referred to as the Wuhan virus.  It was only after the PC teams on the left realized this was another thing to complain about that they changed what they were saying.

Search "cnn wuhan coronavirus" on You Tube and you can see where CNN stopped using it about a month ago.  Now they are at the head of the pack criticizing people who use it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cnn+wuhan+coronavirus

As I said I'm done. I think it's racist, many agree with me and many disagree with me.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/27/2020 at 8:45 AM, Snowy79 said:

Food is getting scarce. :whistling:

The wet market where I live is running a little low on chicken. Ground pork is still available. But who knows what they are putting into the grind nowadays. I sat down with my 14 yr old son today in the living room, and we cleaned my GF's Colt 45 pistol. Showed him how to load it and put one in the chamber. Very simple but effective weapon at close range. Hopefully he won't need to use it but he was very excited about it as teenage boys usually are about guns.:ohmy:

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

The wet market where I live is running a little low on chicken. Ground pork is still available. But who knows what they are putting into the grind nowadays. I sat down with my 14 yr old son today in the living room, and we cleaned my GF's Colt 45 pistol. Showed him how to load it and put one in the chamber. Very simple but effective weapon at close range. Hopefully he won't need to use it but he was very excited about it as teenage boys usually are about guns.:ohmy:

I hope the food shortage doesn't get to the stage where there's only food for one of you and he's got the gun. :whistling:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Remember that there is a rampant bird flu now in China... And have we forgotten about the African Swine Fever?

Then I think it will soon be time for Soylent Green...?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Sad 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 3/25/2020 at 11:58 PM, Old55 said:

My mother in law mid 70's arrived at Robinson's Tabunok to grocery shop at noon. Refused entry for her own safety. Seniors are now quarantined. I guess if you are a senior you just starve to death. Who makes this stuff up? My Niece drove her but Mama has the ATM card so they had to go to Talisay market.

Morons!

There are several grocery stores where I live in the US that allow seniors only to shop the first hour the store is open. That way they can get in after the store has been cleaned and restocked overnight. I have been using the shop online for groceries then go to the store for pickup. They bring the groceries out and put them in my trunk for me, don't even have to get out of the car.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The seniors first hour has been adopted by the two largest grocery chains in Australia also.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 3/29/2020 at 6:06 PM, Tommy T. said:

Remember that there is a rampant bird flu now in China... And have we forgotten about the African Swine Fever?

Then I think it will soon be time for Soylent Green...?

Sorry sir, out of stock.  :tongue: 

• Sad 1