Social Distancing

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

The article I referenced is gone from the website. But my (often faulty) remembrance is that the higher end included intensive care, ventilator, all the bells and whistles.

A few numbers I vaguely remember:

Room cost - ~P5,000+/day

Meds ~ P300+K - this was apparently the highest component and included fentanyle tablets(!) and various intravenous meds.

Unfortunately, those are the only two I remember. But the range was lowest at about P40-50k for mild case hospitalization and up over P1.3 mln for very serious or critical case.

For those enrolled in Philhealth there are some special payments for Covid-19.  I can't remember how much but every little helps.

Hopefully none of us will need it! 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

For those enrolled in Philhealth there are some special payments for Covid-19.  I can't remember how much but every little helps.

I read today that they were supposedly paying for all or most of a virus treatment. That's the good news.

Bad news is that it - the special coverage - expires on April 14 - tomorrow. After that I have no idea...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I read today that they were supposedly paying for all or most of a virus treatment. That's the good news.

Bad news is that it - the special coverage - expires on April 14 - tomorrow. After that I have no idea...

I didn't know about the deadline - perhaps it will be extended along with the extension of the ECQ? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I didn't know about the deadline - perhaps it will be extended along with the extension of the ECQ? 

Here's the news directly from them. I am busy now and have not read it through, just skimmed it...

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/news/2020/will_pay.php

In the midst of growing public concern over the financial costs of getting treatment for the Coronavirus Disease 2019, the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) once again assured the public that it will "shoulder the full cost of treatment of CoViD-19 cases until April 14, 2020."

In its Advisory No. 2020-022 addressed to all accredited hospitals and health facilities in the country, PhilHealth clarified that "after the (said) date, we shall continue to provide financial coverage to CoViD cases thru a recomputed case rate.", citing that "the reason for this accommodation window is due to the novelty and the wide range of severity of the disease in the country for which no existing case rate or package based on accepted protocols has yet been established."

The state agency said that it "is confident that by (April 14, 2020), more about the behavior of the disease in the Philippines can be learned, a final protocol established, and an appropriate case rate can be developed that will provide adequacy and sustainability to the anti-CoViD-19 campaign."

PhilHealth is scheduled to release a new set of guidelines for CoViD-19 cases, which will include the appropriate case rate based on accepted protocols in dealing with the disease.

Meanwhile, under R. A. 11469 also known as the Bayanihan We Heal As One Act, all health workers will be covered even beyond the April 14, 2020 cut-off date for all work and CoViD-19 related health services. This will also include all other personnel necessary for the operation of a health facility.

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

For those who don’t know how to judge the proper distance you can always do like this guy did: 

3A5DCF62-7B78-44BA-A464-7955E7780E97.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sir.Albarado
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2020 at 6:33 AM, Clermont said:

Simple, goes on the size of the country X the population X the height of the people. Quite simple, it's all arithmetic's. :thumbsup:

alright! so simple thanks a lot :)

Sir.Albarado
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gator said:

For those who don’t know how to judge the proper distance you can always do like this guy did: 

3A5DCF62-7B78-44BA-A464-7955E7780E97.jpeg

so brilliant idea haha

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, GeoffH said:

1 million peso... I suspect that there are many expats that could not afford that!

Here is a new report that makes that previous one seem paltry...

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/covid-19-patients-hospital-bill-reaches-p3m/ar-BB12FNRK?li=BBr8Mkn

The hospital bill of a patient who was diagnosed with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)  reached more than P3 million in a span of 16 days, according to a Stand for Truth report on Wednesday.

Before succumbing to the disease, Jerome said his father’s bill reached P3.8 million in a private hospital because his condition became critical.

For his father’s first day, Jerome said the initial bill was already about P177,000.

“That time, no choice kami. Wala nang tumatanggap sa amin na kahit anong ospital. Ang nagpamahal dito is ‘yong ER kasi, ang rate nila is P2,800 per hour so doon medyo tumagal kasi puno ‘yong mga ICU,” he said.

“Ang X-ray dito sobrang dami kasing kailangang makita kung nagpo-progress ba o hindi then another is ‘yung blood test,” he added.

Based on his father’s bill, the doctor’s fee was more than P200,000, while the laboratory test and pulmonary services cost more than P400,000.

The cost of the medicines, meanwhile, reached up to P1.4 million.

The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) earlier said it would shoulder the full cost of treatment for COVID-19 patients until April 14.

With this, the hospital bill of Jerome’s father was covered by the state insurer.

However, starting April 15, PhilHealth already imposed limitations on the cash assistance for patients hit by the respiratory illness depending on their condition.

The new cost rates will be 43,997 for those with mild pneumonia; P143,267 for moderate pneumonia; P333,519 for severe pneumonia; and P786,384 for critical pneumonia.

“Bago ito eh. Wala pa tayong ganitong sakit dati so wala pa tayong case rate about this. Therefore, kumuha kami ng mga costing data sa mga hospitals na may COVID cases. So ‘yung leveling was based on that costing data then we worked on averages,” said PhilHealth spokesperson Dr. Shirley Domingo.

• Sad 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Here is a new report that makes that previous one seem paltry...

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/covid-19-patients-hospital-bill-reaches-p3m/ar-BB12FNRK?li=BBr8Mkn

The hospital bill of a patient who was diagnosed with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)  reached more than P3 million in a span of 16 days, according to a Stand for Truth report on Wednesday.

Before succumbing to the disease, Jerome said his father’s bill reached P3.8 million in a private hospital because his condition became critical.

For his father’s first day, Jerome said the initial bill was already about P177,000.

“That time, no choice kami. Wala nang tumatanggap sa amin na kahit anong ospital. Ang nagpamahal dito is ‘yong ER kasi, ang rate nila is P2,800 per hour so doon medyo tumagal kasi puno ‘yong mga ICU,” he said.

“Ang X-ray dito sobrang dami kasing kailangang makita kung nagpo-progress ba o hindi then another is ‘yung blood test,” he added.

Based on his father’s bill, the doctor’s fee was more than P200,000, while the laboratory test and pulmonary services cost more than P400,000.

The cost of the medicines, meanwhile, reached up to P1.4 million.

The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) earlier said it would shoulder the full cost of treatment for COVID-19 patients until April 14.

With this, the hospital bill of Jerome’s father was covered by the state insurer.

However, starting April 15, PhilHealth already imposed limitations on the cash assistance for patients hit by the respiratory illness depending on their condition.

The new cost rates will be 43,997 for those with mild pneumonia; P143,267 for moderate pneumonia; P333,519 for severe pneumonia; and P786,384 for critical pneumonia.

“Bago ito eh. Wala pa tayong ganitong sakit dati so wala pa tayong case rate about this. Therefore, kumuha kami ng mga costing data sa mga hospitals na may COVID cases. So ‘yung leveling was based on that costing data then we worked on averages,” said PhilHealth spokesperson Dr. Shirley Domingo.

The rates above were clarified.  These are the limits for automatic payment but if treatment goes above those levels then Philhealth will pay if the patient cannot, and if the patient can then Philhealth will come to an agreement over payment.  

Seems fair enough to me.    

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

if treatment goes above those levels then Philhealth will pay if the patient cannot, and if the patient can then Philhealth will come to an agreement over payment.  

Seems fair enough to me.    

It depends upon how they interpret 'cannot pay' and based upon some of the recent posts families with a 'big house' or an 'OFW' or a 'foreigner' might well be assumed to be able to pay.

No matter how much one might like ones Filipino family (and I do) how far does responsibility go?

How many relatives would you be willing to assume payment for?  How many could you afford?

And even if you've got money in the bank most of the time thats money we have to live off... if it gets spent then no more money each week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic