Social Distancing

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Before succumbing to the disease, Jerome said his father’s bill reached P3.8 million in a private hospital because his condition became critical.

No wonder there is so much push back against the HCQ + zinc + Z-pack treatment at only US$20 for a full course :(

Private hospitals must be raking the money in.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

It depends upon how they interpret 'cannot pay' and based upon some of the recent posts families with a 'big house' or an 'OFW' or a 'foreigner' might well be assumed to be able to pay.

No matter how much one might like ones Filipino family (and I do) how far does responsibility go?

How many relatives would you be willing to assume payment for?  How many could you afford?

And even if you've got money in the bank most of the time thats money we have to live off... if it gets spent then no more money each week.

Yep Geoff, that was what jumped out at me when i read the script - seems way too subjective but it was a newspaper article and there may be some solid criteria behind it.

As for your 2nd point - well, that's the kind of situation most of us dread facing here.  I honestly cannot answer that but I do know that when it comes to the numbers being mentioned, not thousands but hundreds of thousand, then I doubt I'd be able to do much at all.  Like many here, my pot is finite and enough for the comfortable life we all dream of, but not much more than that.  

• Like 5

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic