Alert - Great USD Money Transfer Deal!

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Some great news for those wanting to use MoneyGram with a bank requiring a second layer security code.  Like BofA.  I logged on a short while ago and had called my daughter to be prepared to send me the code.  Her number is linked to my account at BofA.  So I got logged on and now was requested to enter copies of ID.  Drivers license, state id, or passport.  I chose DL.  So after completing and loading the pictures I completed the info to send to myself.  I hit send and waited for the screen asking for a code like several times earlier, bur no, the transaction went through with no issue.  I checked my BofA and it had been deducted and checked BDO on line and there it is!.  Rate was still 50.55 and fee of $2.99.  I can only think that after loading the front and back of my drivers license made the difference not requiring my bank to ask for a code.  Whatever.  I'm happy.  My advise is to go the extra step, (which is not required) and enter your ID.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Some great news for those wanting to use MoneyGram with a bank requiring a second layer security code.  Like BofA.  I logged on a short while ago and had called my daughter to be prepared to send me the code.  Her number is linked to my account at BofA.  So I got logged on and now was requested to enter copies of ID.  Drivers license, state id, or passport.  I chose DL.  So after completing and loading the pictures I completed the info to send to myself.  I hit send and waited for the screen asking for a code like several times earlier, bur no, the transaction went through with no issue.  I checked my BofA and it had been deducted and checked BDO on line and there it is!.  Rate was still 50.55 and fee of $2.99.  I can only think that after loading the front and back of my drivers license made the difference not requiring my bank to ask for a code.  Whatever.  I'm happy.  My advise is to go the extra step, (which is not required) and enter your ID.:thumbsup:

Just to be sure I understand, you uploaded your ids to Moneygram, or BofA?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I updated my chart and used $2500 as the amount.  This is the max for Moneygram and also falls in the ballpark of what most of us would transfer every month or two.  For the World Remit $1.99 fee, I deducted that amount of pesos from the bottom line.  I changed the Wire Transfer and check writing exchange rate to XE less .2 to make it a bit more competitive.

I added a ranking.  Moneygram is the hands down winner, even better than check writing.  There may be some extra hoops to jump through to get it set up, but if this holds up, it is a game changer.  p904 better than writing a check and if you need more, in theory you could do more transfers.  If I read it correctly, most countries have a $10,000 max per transfer and $10,000 max per month.  Max transfer for Philippines is $2500 so I hope that max per month is $10,000, and you could do 4 per month if needed.

I think I am going to sign up and send $500 to work the bugs out, as Intrepid did.  Then I will be ready when needed.  In theory, I will no longer be writing checks and waiting 21-30 days for access to the money.

Screenshot (115).png

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Moneygram is the hands down winner, even better than check writing.

To clarify.  Moneygram is the hands down winner when transferring from USA to Philippines.  I wonder if members sending from other countries would have a different result.  (From my past experience I am pretty sure they would).

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

To clarify.  Moneygram is the hands down winner when transferring from USA to Philippines.  I wonder if members sending from other countries would have a different result.  (From my past experience I am pretty sure they would).

Not impressed so far.  I opened an account on their website and tried to set up a $500 transfer to myself.  I put in all the receiver info and his Next.  Nothing happens.  Chatted with CS and he told me to try the phone app!  Then I decide to try my wife as the receiver but it still did not work.  But I noticed when I hit Next it said down in the left corner of my screen "Contacting Facebook".  WTF!

I'll try again tomorrow.  It's worth it if it really works.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Just to be sure I understand, you uploaded your ids to Moneygram, or BofA?

Id was uploaded to MoneyGram.  The strange thing was when first registering it never mentioned or asked for uploading Ids.  Once all basic usual information was loaded a small note popped up and said registration was complete and I could now send and receive transfers.  Along the way I think there was an option to load an Id but was optional so I had skipped it.   I still don't know how it works with BofA where they did not request that safepass code.  Oh well, as long as it works.  Now just hope MoneyGram does not raise their rates.:tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

Id was uploaded to MoneyGram.  The strange thing was when first registering it never mentioned or asked for uploading Ids.  Once all basic usual information was loaded a small note popped up and said registration was complete and I could now send and receive transfers.  Along the way I think there was an option to load an Id but was optional so I had skipped it.   I still don't know how it works with BofA where they did not request that safepass code.  Oh well, as long as it works.  Now just hope MoneyGram does not raise their rates.:tiphat:

Was that with the phone app or on the website?

I can't even login to their website right now.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Was that with the phone app or on the website?

I can't even login to their website right now.

nitially I signed up using my laptop.  So the last time I signed in on the laptop before I completed the transaction is when I was prompted to install ID.  Since I had no Id photos on the laptop I logged on the phone using their site, not using their app.  Again I was prompted for the Id so now it was easy to take the photos and load.  Went back to the laptop and completed the transaction and was shocked it went right through and completed in seconds!

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Also just received an email from MG that my next transaction I will receive a 20% fee discount.  Plus a 40% off the fee after every 5th money transfer.  After the 5th transfer I will be upgraded to Premier status.  With even more benefits, but does not say what they are.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

nitially I signed up using my laptop.  So the last time I signed in on the laptop before I completed the transaction is when I was prompted to install ID.  Since I had no Id photos on the laptop I logged on the phone using their site, not using their app.  Again I was prompted for the Id so now it was easy to take the photos and load.  Went back to the laptop and completed the transaction and was shocked it went right through and completed in seconds!

Disappointed so far.  Can't login on Chrome and they don't support MS Edge.

Your browser is not supported on this site. We recommend using Chrome or Safari or using the mobile app.

I searched Google Play and I don't find a Moneygram App.   On their website, it says "Get the app on the links below" and there are no links.

In Edge, under the message above, it had links to the app.  That took me to Google play and the app.  However, on my phone, I can't find the app in Google play.