Red Horse Discussion- Split from another topic

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I have a Red Horse story, I rarely tell it because people tend not to believe me, if i hadn't been there myself I certainly wouldn't but here goes. There was a bar called the Iron Butterfly here in Subic back in 1985 that had a drinking challenge, if you could drink 12 beers in one hour without hurling it back up your beer was free and you get a free bar fine with a girl for the night. Well not only did I watch a friend of mine accomplish the feat, I watched him do it with Red Horse, it took several of us cheering and prodding him on along with the bar girls, he came close to heaving it up but he did it, he was a big guy but even so...12 Red Horse in one hour!

The rest of the story is that after we left him there with his bar girl of choice he was unable to preform the deed and got on his motorcycle only to wreck it, he wound up in the hospital with some broken bones and got a DUI too boot, some friends we were for leaving him in that condition.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I knew I had too much to drink one time when I went out after a session to my Triumph motorcycle - kick start only. I took it off the stand, tried to kick it to start and fell over with it... Okay... I got it... So I set it somehow back on the stand and then sat down in the wet grass for an hour before I finally got it going and went home. However...l drank nowhere near 12 bottles of any beer, especially Red Horse!!!

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Kick start motorbikes can be hard to start at the best of times... add alcohol and I can almost never get them started (probably a good thing).

These days I'm soft and require an electric start LOL

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I've tested the limits of centrifugal force a few times in my youth.

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Yes I've had it, price is good but for me it's just OK, not really a fan of it. In Cambodia they mix it with tinned milk

yuck, beer and milk

jimeve
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, AusExpat said:

I never knew about malt liquor beers, I'll have to go read up. 

Make your mind up!