Got punted from Facebook because cv19

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Be careful what you post on f/b about cv19. Normally I tend to stay away from issues on f/b. I told my wife only post happy things. Pics of us traveling and so on. This worked Well for us the last 12 years. Well I read a post from someone I know back in San Diego stating 71 people have died so far this year from cv19. With me being a numbers person I went to the San Diego county web sight and looked up how many deaths from influenza so far this year. Well I was surprised so far 110 and there was 345 in 2018. So I uploaded the report and asked the question " if only 71 people have passed and 345 died in 2018 why was the city not locked down then" it only took 5 minutes for my our account to be locked out. Trying to get it unlocked now but not having any luck. So if you need your f/b account to keep it touch with everyone like we did be careful...... I will let you all know how this works out.

Personally, I do feel sorry for your being locked out of your FaceBook accounts. But I also really hate FaceBook and think it is overused and contains a lot of rubbish in its "news" and other content. So this is from someone who does not use it at all... I just think it is a waste of online data. I see the stuff that L views and it seems to be so much bull****. Okay... another of my short rants here... sorry...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Agree with you Tommy....and anything 'political' posted by my friends and relations (Brit or Filipino) I totally ignore.

Not interested !  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

Facebook has it's main R&D centre in China, be careful what you say about China on there too.

I stopped using it a few years ago as I do not like their business model at all. you'll actually find a lot of hte programmers who work there do not have social media accounts either :-|

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I was temporarily bumped for posting a Hitler covid-19 dub-over joke, it was funny. I really don't think the OP should have been booted for what he posted, If not for military friends I would have walked long ago.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Learnt long ago that my life is better without Facebook Instagram and Twitter....i jsut see all those addicted to all of these every day, watching how others live ( celebrities especially ) and am happy I dont belong to them.

Mind one day I might need to get a totally vanilla fb account with no pics and no details whatsoever. If you try to contact Globe it easy to do on FB, but they have no other means of communication. Such is the market penetration of FB in Philippines the good folk of Globe assume EVERYONE has and uses it.

graham59
Posted
Posted

I think it's what each individual makes of it. 

Idiots in life are probably idiots in print too.   

For me it is a useful tool for networking with friends and family both here and back in the UK...or Australia.

Twitter...never took to it.  Not interested in what celebs, etc, are up to anyway, or facile comments from people I've never met or even heard of.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Facebook has it's main R&D centre in China, be careful what you say about China on there too.

I stopped using it a few years ago as I do not like their business model at all. you'll actually find a lot of hte programmers who work there do not have social media accounts either :-|

Isn't it banned in China?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Learnt long ago that my life is better without Facebook Instagram and Twitter....i jsut see all those addicted to all of these every day, watching how others live ( celebrities especially ) and am happy I dont belong to them.

Mind one day I might need to get a totally vanilla fb account with no pics and no details whatsoever. If you try to contact Globe it easy to do on FB, but they have no other means of communication. Such is the market penetration of FB in Philippines the good folk of Globe assume EVERYONE has and uses it.

You can contact Globe via phone and email - even at present. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Be careful what you post on f/b about cv19. Normally I tend to stay away from issues on f/b. I told my wife only post happy things. Pics of us traveling and so on. This worked Well for us the last 12 years. Well I read a post from someone I know back in San Diego stating 71 people have died so far this year from cv19. With me being a numbers person I went to the San Diego county web sight and looked up how many deaths from influenza so far this year. Well I was surprised so far 110 and there was 345 in 2018. So I uploaded the report and asked the question " if only 71 people have passed and 345 died in 2018 why was the city not locked down then" it only took 5 minutes for my our account to be locked out. Trying to get it unlocked now but not having any luck. So if you need your f/b account to keep it touch with everyone like we did be careful...... I will let you all know how this works out.

I find it hard to believe that you got booted for that.  You sure there was not something else?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic