Coronavirus Information Charts.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Now that is something I did not know.  To me that does not make sense if, in fact, some hospitals are laying off staff or closing do to lack of patients. 

I'm not sure if the elective surgery ban is in all areas but I know it was in NY.

However, most would postpone anyway because they don't want to be stuck in a hospital with a virus around.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure if the elective surgery ban is in all areas but I know it was in NY.

However, most would postpone anyway because they don't want to be stuck in a hospital with a virus around.

I can see it happening in New York where they just got hammered.  We have a friend who lives in New York City.  She is Filipina and a teacher.  She lives about three blocks from a hospital.  She said the ambulance sirens could be heard 24 by 7 day after day, they just never stopped.

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

I was going to have my colon checked out through the VA, then I get a call from them saying that it is elective surgery and the VA is not approving any elective surgery at this time.

At the local Wal-Mart they have signs up prior to entrance to the store saying you cannot enter without wearing a face mask, but folks are still entering without or are taking them off once inside, I guess the employees are scared after the security guard at a Dollar General was shot and killed trying to enforce wearing a mask prior to entrance.  

One sure fact is that we will all die someday and there is no need to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow may never come.

• Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

You are saying that deaths are up from other causes because of the corona, and this is WITH a lockdown.  The hospital overcrowding and turn aways would have been far worse WITHOUT a lockdown because of a dramatic increase in corona cases.   The logic of that argument against quarantine sort of breaks down in my opinion. :89:

My local hospitals have laid off staff because the expected surge of COVID patients never materialized but because of COVID they postponed most of their other health care services except for emergency. Plus because of the lockdown people have not been going to the doctor or hospital which would delay diagnosis of other health concerns like cancer. Hospitals in the US being overwhelmed by COVID cases is only occurring in a few metro areas which are hotspots and on the nightly propaganda (news). CBS was just caught staging long lines for COVID testing where they didn't exist.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Not a big fan of Bill Maher in recent years but as far as Covid goes, he makes sense.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

I still don't trust the figures.

97783414_10156827292796286_7266924814739177472_o.jpg

96396017_10158563340076484_3489527985877286912_n.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • I'm Confused 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I will trust these figures, Graham... how about you?:tiphat:

Women running, splashing in the Ocean on Vacation : Stock Photo

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I will trust these figures, Graham... how about you?:tiphat:

Women running, splashing in the Ocean on Vacation : Stock Photo

I'm pretty certain one of them used to be my friends brother before the operation.

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...
GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

A while back there was some debate about if we were in a second wave or if it was just a continuation of the first wave.

But now the data is showing clear first and second peaks (waves) in the rates for many countries (in some countries where the virus wasn't suppressed during the first wave it looks more like two steps which obscures the wave effect).  Australia also shows this two peak effect but I don't have a graph here for Aussie.  

See the snipped graph below for what I'm talking about (I can't link the article here sorry).

second wave.JPG

Edited by GeoffH

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

A while back there was some debate about if we were in a second wave or if it was just a continuation of the first wave.

But now the data is showing clear first and second peaks (waves) in the rates for many countries (in some countries where the virus wasn't suppressed during the first wave it looks more like two steps which obscures the wave effect).  Australia also shows this two peak effect but I don't have a graph here for Aussie.  

See the snipped graph below for what I'm talking about (I can't link the article here sorry).

second wave.JPG

I really don't care for those compressed graphs.  They make everything look more extreme.

Without any direct evidence at hand to present, I will say that a lot of the second waves are due to testing lots of asymptomatic people.  And then you have to look at the matching death rates to go along with the cases.

Look at Spain.  I think you will find similar on the others.

Screenshot (28).png   Screenshot (30).png

Forgive me for being tactless.  The first wave killed the very old and very weak. Treatments have gotten much better.  Testing has increased everywhere, especially for healthy appearing people.  Younger people who have very little impact from the virus are being tested and found with it.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic