Coronavirus Information Charts.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

Your question assumes facts not mentioned in my comment. I did not suggest breaking any rules. 

The only "facts" assumed in the question were that you drive, and that you fly, and they were both mentioned in your post.  

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Mike, when I reflected I decided your question required a more detailed response.

There are thousands of vehicle accidents where all involved are following the rules as well as air accidents along with many of the other everyday activities. We live in a world where we are constantly subjected to dangerous situations. We cannot protect everyone from everything nor should we. Darwin wrote about this. As I said I certainly respect others right to protect themselves but I want to make my own decisions about my protection and the protection of my family. I think folks will ultimately suffer more from continued quarantine than from the virus. We should not shut down the world because some are fearful. Folks can easily protect themselves by staying home while allowing others to go about their lives. As I’m sure you know we normally quarantine sick people not healthy ones. I am in the high risk category (77) and have 2 young children so I certainly won’t do anything foolish but I will not ask others to stop their lives for me. I also want to decide when I and my children go out and mingle. I have managed to survive 77 years making my own decisions and at this point I am not prepared to allow others to make those decisions for me. 
Now to your question, I NEVER recommend anyone break the rules. My area is ecq and I comply.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

Now to your question, I NEVER recommend anyone break the rules. My area is ecq and I comply.

Shakespeare.jpeg The member Protesteth too much, Methinks:wink:

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

The member Protesteth too much, Methinks

So Jack should I not express my opinion?

If you have something to say please say it. Don’t hide behind some phony meme.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

So Jack should I not express my opinion?

If you have something to say please say it. Don’t hide behind some phony meme.

We all know about Opinions and to be Honest many of us have had enough of all this. I don't hide, I Will say what I feel. ENOUGH of the GOODY TWO shoes, we are all in this together and have never need all this Crap talk, Many have been through worse  but just take each day as it comes. OK Enough said, we just don't need all these silly and meaningless  posts, those that care enough about themselves and family do it out of  necessity but most will not post ME ME ME as we are seeing, Don't like a bit of truth? Scroll on.

BTW The man in my Meme was never meaningless unlike some of your posts of late. Said OK :wink:

Edit;

We all of us can say what we want about how we should or could act in these times but we can only do what we can within the bounds of any Quarantine :whatever:

Edited by Jack Peterson
making a little statement
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nor cal mike said:

Mike, when I reflected I decided your question required a more detailed response.

There are thousands of vehicle accidents where all involved are following the rules as well as air accidents along with many of the other everyday activities. We live in a world where we are constantly subjected to dangerous situations. We cannot protect everyone from everything nor should we. Darwin wrote about this. As I said I certainly respect others right to protect themselves but I want to make my own decisions about my protection and the protection of my family. I think folks will ultimately suffer more from continued quarantine than from the virus. We should not shut down the world because some are fearful. Folks can easily protect themselves by staying home while allowing others to go about their lives. As I’m sure you know we normally quarantine sick people not healthy ones. I am in the high risk category (77) and have 2 young children so I certainly won’t do anything foolish but I will not ask others to stop their lives for me. I also want to decide when I and my children go out and mingle. I have managed to survive 77 years making my own decisions and at this point I am not prepared to allow others to make those decisions for me. 

I understand where you are coming from.  And I also respect your decision to follow the rules even when you do not agree with them.  The point of my "leading" questions was not to offend, it was meant to have you and others with similar beliefs reflect on the whole idea of laws, why we have them, and the importance of following those that we do not agree with.  Yes people die every day in automobile accidents and we do not say nobody can drive.  What the law does say is when you drive these are the laws.   What would driving be like if most people did not follow the rules?  It would probably be a lot like driving in the Philippines, more dangerous and stressful than it should be.   How safe would flying be if there were no FAA or if airlines only had to obey those rules that they agreed with?  I agree that we normally quarantine sick people, not the healthy.  But I think you would also agree that this pandemic is not "normal".  It is new, it is highly contagious, there is no vaccine, and when it started there was no method of testing for the virus because it was new.  The president of the United States says that if it kills 100,000 to 200,000 people it "would be a horrible number but we would have done a good job".   This pandemic far from normal and calls for extraordinary measures.  You say that I could stay home out of fear to protect myself.  The reality is that I, or my wife, have to go out occasionally to buy food for ourselves and food, medicine, etc for the wife's elderly parents who live about 2 kilometers away.  When that happens there is a small risk that we will get the virus.  That risk is further elevated with every person who has to go out.  So the reality is that allowing people to make their own choice would in fact raise the risk of those like myself. 

Edited by Mike J
Damn spelling again.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Jack you’re great at finding memes that OTHERS have written and published, but real weak on anything original. Oh I forgot, you are good at criticizing. 

If you care not to read my ORIGINAL post skip them as I do with yours. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

Jack you’re great at finding memes that OTHERS have written and published, but real weak on anything original. Oh I forgot, you are good at criticizing. 

If you care not to read my ORIGINAL post skip them as I do with yours. 

You call me out I will respond :1927_:   You're now going in the same folder as some others Good night  said zebidee.jpg :wink:

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

As of right now John Hopkins shows 275,328 deaths world wide, positive cases world wide 3,959,249, that is 6.95540 percent chance that you will die if you get COVID-19.

It has already been proven (United States Navy, onboard ships) that all that get COVID-19 do not show signs, so is that total number correct, no.  

Here in the United States, if you die of something that has similar signs of the COVID-19 (like the flu), your death certificate shows COVID-19, because the hospitals get paid for COVID-19 cases and not everything else, so are the death totals correct, no.

Just like everything else, you can make numbers say what you want them to say.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

That sentence states my feelings exactly.

I really don't care what anyone does - they can go out and mingle, have their covid parties... and ultimately kill themselves? not an issue with me - unless it increases the risks to me and L. Then I have a really big problem with statistics and opening up the various and sundry economies.

You can stay isolated and use PPE the rare times you go out to protect yourself and reduce your risk to a whole bunch of 0's immediately after the ".". What others do whether for fun or economic then makes no difference to you. In fact the more they spread the virus while you stay isolated the faster the herd immunity increases and the sooner you can go out in the world.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic