Is your Coronavirus Mask in fashion?

Jack D
Posted
Posted

It seems like it was only a few days ago (well, actually a few months ago) when stores would not let me in without a mask.

In the beginning, the masks were very simple:

simple masks - 2.JPG simple masks - 1.JPG

But now there's an entirely new industry... Fashionable Face Masks, like these:

many.JPG  boutique-2.JPG  boutique.JPG viet.JPG masks - more.JPGfashion masks.JPG

So, if you're still wondering who is profiting from the pandemic, you can include the manufacturers of these so-called fashionable masks.

• Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Makes me think of the more liberal trends in niqabs and burkas among younger female Muslims, where they are allowed to push the boundaries. They decorate within limits.

Fashion usually trumps practically in pragmatic practice.  Even when less effective than medical masks.

• Like 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted

In all fairness, there are some people using scarves/bandannas (instead of masks), which are relatively inexpensive (like this):

scarf.JPG

But since a new car salesman was wearing one, I felt like I was being robbed by one of those infamous train robbers in the 1800's.

robbery.JPG

Needless to say, if a car salesman looks like a robber and he (or she) is trying to rob you, then you are dealing with a robber... so, I said NO WAY to the salesman and walked out of the dealership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Google is watching.  I clicked on this topic and what do I see at the top of the page....

Screenshot (143).png

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Okay.  I'll say it here.  I hate masks.  Not for the health but the looks.  Makes everyone look so in-personable.  It's hard enough to know what someone is thinking about you then you cover their face and you don’t know if they understand you, are smiling at you, or laughing at you.  Makes people look like and act almost like robots.  I don’t even know for sure if they really work.  Latest studies I read are still unsure if wearing a mask outside is effective.  I miss seeing everyone's beautiful smile.  I will wear my mask when and required but I just don’t like it even dressed up.  By the way, have there been no church weddings lately?  Does the priest end the ceremony saying you may no kiss the mask of the bride?  Sorry.  Just getting tired of all this.  My rant for the day.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Sorry.  Just getting tired of all this.  My rant for the day.

No need for sorry... We're all entitled here n'cest pas? I already did my rant privately...

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

IF.  we ever  get to fly again internationally.....  And IF, I ever get to see that hithertofore phantom $1200 my dillydally government has supposedly promised me......

I may well consider this a wise preparation investment for my dangerous journey home.

https://www.armorvenue.com/leather-plague-doctor-mask.html

Don't know if it'll fly with the security guards, though.  I guess I could try it out here, but since they're armed, they might mistake me for a mutant tropical insect and eliminate me on the spot. That's because they don't teach much art history in these parts.  

Reminds me of the old 1958 horror flic, "The Fly".... which scared the bejesus out of us kids at the time. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

I may well consider this a wise preparation investment for my dangerous journey home.

Looks perfect for long noses. :rolleyes:

graham59
Posted
Posted

I always wear my 'anti-facial recognition' one when online.  

Cyber crook small.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Google is watching.  I clicked on this topic and what do I see at the top of the page....

Screenshot (143).png

And I got this one on this topic:

forum.JPG

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic