When will the current quarantine be lifted?

thailend19
Posted
Posted

Also, I understand international flights to and from Manila have resumed. Correct?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, thailend19 said:

Also, I understand international flights to and from Manila have resumed. Correct?

There is no timeline for quarantine to be lifted, is in some areas and not in others or each area has its own rules. Definitely not a full return of any flights. Best to ask the airline of your choice for up to date info but have been reading a lot of them are confused as well.

Quoted from Cebu Pacific,  International flights remain suspended until June 30. This is a developing situation, and we continue to work with the Inter-Agency Task Force, local government units and other government authorities. 

• Like 1

thailend19
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There is no timeline for quarantine to be lifted, is in some areas and not in others or each area has its own rules. Definitely not a full return of any flights. Best to ask the airline of your choice for up to date info but have been reading a lot of them are confused as well.

Quoted from Cebu Pacific,  International flights remain suspended until June 30. This is a developing situation, and we continue to work with the Inter-Agency Task Force, local government units and other government authorities. 

Why is it that agencies keep listing flights in and out of Manila and when I call them they insist that the airport is open?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, thailend19 said:

Why is it that agencies keep listing flights in and out of Manila and when I call them they insist that the airport is open?

Go direct to airlines, not agents. Get google news alerts to your Email each day is another way of trying to keep up with whats going on.

Honestly do you think they will suddenly allow flights from anywhere to land here at this stage. Philippines airlines listed a number of flights they planned for this month. If they are doing something on their websites its best to look at your preferred carrier to see what they are saying.

I am guessing you are wanting a flight from Thailand to Manila? 

Just to add, here is a list of flights for yesterday. As you can see not normal for Manila. Also check out, https://www.facebook.com/MIAAGovPh/

arrivals.jpg

• Like 1

PPGfreak
Posted
Posted

I have been checking on this daily myself because I am waiting to get back. Ignore Google flights or any other travel company online that just wants to sell you tickets. Go straight to the airline it self to see a list of when & where they are flying to and from. Very limited list sadly and they have not given a solid quarantine lift date. 

Are you a Filipino resident or a tourist? If you have any passport other than one from the Philippines they will not let you in (unless your married to a Philippine national from what I understand or have diplomatic status).  

• Like 1

thailend19
Posted
Posted

I think the differing answers depends on  which travel dates you want. I'WILL end them, who m booking my wife's flight from Manila in July, not in June, so the airlines are assuming the blocking on int'l flights will end on July 1st. Whether it will is anyone's guess...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, thailend19 said:

Whether it will is anyone's guess.

This is the biggest problem. Anything could change at any time.

PPGfreak
Posted
Posted

Very true, everything is a guess at this point. 

long haul
Posted
Posted

I have been trying to get back home to my wife just outside of CDO for 2 months now. I was under the impression that international flights were allowed but my flight has been cancelled twice can someone there please fill me in?

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, long haul said:

I have been trying to get back home to my wife just outside of CDO for 2 months now. I was under the impression that international flights were allowed but my flight has been cancelled twice can someone there please fill me in?

All travel via Air and Sea is in a state of flux and can change almost daily.  Here is the latest from PAL.  I have only inlcluded the USA and Canada flights as I assume you are flying from the USA.  You can see in the NOTE that flights are "highly subject to change".  Hopefully you can get a flight.  It appears you may have to face some sort of quarantine period when you arrive.  

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/reentryflights

<snip>

NOTE:  Our June 2020 flight schedules, shown below, are highly subject to change for reasons beyond our control; these are not normal times. We may have to cancel flights, add frequencies or adjust our planned schedules, based on: 

evolving entry restrictions and requirements set by concerned local government units (LGUs) for domestic travel, and  
constraints in COVID testing and quarantine facilities for international arrivals in the Philippines, as well as travel bans and restrictions in other countries.  
PAL coordinates closely with all LGUs and government authorities and complies with their approvals and conditions, as we all work together to promote and protect public health during these critical times. 

Here is the latest update on the scheduled flights we plan to OPERATE on selected international and domestic routes: 

Last update: June 15, 2020 

INTERNATIONAL 
(June 15 to 30, 2020) 
Note: – Certain flights may land in Cebu instead of Manila, due to limited COVID testing slots in Manila. If so, passengers will undergo testing and hotel quarantine in Cebu. PAL will arrange for transfer to Manila (NAIA) for those who receive negative test results, usually within 24-48 hours of testing 

MANILA – LOS ANGELES – MANILA 
PR 102/103 - Every Wed / Thu/ Sat/ Sun  
PR 102/103 - Every Wed / Thu / Sat (Effective June 22) 

MANILA – SAN FRANCISCO – MANILA 
PR 104/105- Every Wed / Fri  

MANILA – HONOLULU – MANILA 
PR 100/ 101 – Every Sat  

MANILA – NEW YORK (JFK)  
PR 126 - Every Thu  

NEW YORK (JFK)- MANILA 
PR 127 - Every Fri  

MANILA – VANCOUVER – MANILA 
PR 116/117 – Every Wed/ Sun 

<end snip>

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic