Postal address

Wandsworthbob
Posted
Posted

Hi, is it possible to get a managed postal address in the Philippines please? 

TIA

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome Wand, I personally have never heard of anything by that name, but keep checking back one of our members is sure to know. :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Like Scott, I am also not familiar with the term.  A description of what you call a "managed postal address" will allow us to give you an answer. :thumbsup:

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Like Scott, I am also not familiar with the term.  A description of what you call a "managed postal address" will allow us to give you an answer. :thumbsup:

if its a PO Box that is being referred to yes that is possible, be it expensive.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

For the many it makes little sense to maintain a PI postal address/box if you are expecting fast and timely material to arrive by mail.

Many use a modern mail forwarding company based in their country of origin. Many members have written postings re such.... within even the last 2 months. Cost a bit, but are efficient and speedy.

I and wife receive occasional packages through the PI post, when I order something out of nearby east Asian countries, but it takes 2+ months to arrive, get notified and retrieve from the local Post office.

Also many posts here re the PI postal system.

Wandsworthbob
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

For the many it makes little sense to maintain a PI postal address/box if you are expecting fast and timely material to arrive by mail.

Many use a modern mail forwarding company based in their country of origin. Many members have written postings re such.... within even the last 2 months. Cost a bit, but are efficient and speedy.

I and wife receive occasional packages through the PI post, when I order something out of nearby east Asian countries, but it takes 2+ months to arrive, get notified and retrieve from the local Post office.

Also many posts here re the PI postal system.

For "normal" mail it takes around 6-8 weeks as you say - now,who knows!

That said, if it's a package and delivered through Philpost it takes around 3 weeks.  

I'm not sure about using mail forwarders in the UK - my banks insist that all mail must be sent to my registered home address.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, RBM said:

if its a PO Box that is being referred to yes that is possible, be it expensive.

I think he is referring to those business that have mail boxes set up in store so addressed mail goes there for him to pick up.Somewhere In Cebu I seen one of these but just cant remember where. 

Gator
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think he is referring to those business that have mail boxes set up in store so addressed mail goes there for him to pick up.Somewhere In Cebu I seen one of these but just cant remember where. 

I think there was one in Ayala Mall, top floor where Pacific Core money changer and the travel agencies were at, but not sure if they reopened after the fire at the Metro store. 

Also think there’s one in SM mall in Angeles City, in the alcove next to the SM grocery store. Went into a few places there trying to get a color copy made of my OR/CR and think I remember seeing a place with PO type boxes in it for rent. 

Wandsworthbob
Posted
Posted

Much appreciated guys 👍

• Like 1