" 'Leapin' Lizards !', Daddies Warbucks "

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay with me so long as I don't get bit...

Might give you a good suck though

Edited by jimeve
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I sort of miss the F*** You call sometimes when we visit the site... I don't mind that - been said worse to me before by better than him!!!

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Might give you a good suck though

????

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

????

the tuko might give you a good suck instead of a bite. Never mind, I will get mi coat.

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you don't like noise, get a spider. Here's mine- her name is Zenobia Beaverbottom. She doesn't make webs. She hangs out on the floor or wall at night and waits for smaller critters to victimize.

56485580_2016233631835653_25777846016362

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Guy F. said:

If you don't like noise, get a spider. Here's mine- her name is Zenobia Beaverbottom. She doesn't make webs. She hangs out on the floor or wall at night and waits for smaller critters to victimize.

56485580_2016233631835653_25777846016362

Looks like a Huntsmen spider.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Indeed it does look like a Huntsman Spider.. It has a thinner, pointier rear end than most of the spiders in pictures turned up by my Bing image search, but one of the images was a very close match. Sorry for the photo being a bit blurry.

I believe it remembered me last visit from our encounters a year previously. One morning about 3AM it came out from under the kitchen cabinets and crossed the floor to hang out close where I was sitting. A few days later it came down the wall right next to me and again hung out near my feet for a while.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Ayoko..... I no like. Especially at 3 AM when you get up to take a whiz and find one in the CR.  I just call them banana spiders and prefer to WHAP them with my slipper, watch them shrink like a black star, and flush them out of existence. They  come in from the neighbors banana trees, that I spend time keeping lopped off when they hang over my wall and touch our house. During big rains, the spiders look for cover and a house provides it better than  a plant it seems. 

I have no problems living with all the small ones that scurry about killing the biting insects and gnats, but I draw the line with the big ones for primitive reasons.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I was going to measure this guy but was afraid he might steal my tape measure.    I would estimate four inches using the block in the picture as a comparison.

Spider.jpg

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

They'er harmless unless you try and pick one up. None venomous but if they bite you can make your skin itchy and swell up.

Freaks me out when they run.