Philippines placed under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ), Sept 1 to Sept 30, with exceptions

Shady
Posted
Posted

MECQ:  President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Monday, August 31, placed Iligan City under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine starting September 1 until September 30, 2020.

GCQ: The President likewise maintained the General Community Quarantine  classification for Metro Manila, Bulacan and Batangas for Luzon; and Bacolod City and Tacloban City for the Visayas.

MGCQ: The rest of the Philippines are placed under Modified General Community Quarantine

- https://www.ptvnews.ph/iligan-city-is-mecq-starting-sept-1-metro-manila-remains-gcq/

• Thanks 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

More of the same.. 6 and a half months into the "lockdown" and still there doesnt appear to be an actual plan other than these endless lockdowns and lockups etc. Keep the people locked up and hope/pray  they dont starve seems to be the plan here.

• Like 3

Rich in CDO
Posted
Posted

My wife's flight got cancelled again this week. That's 7 flight cancellations since March.  Now the flight leaves on Saturday.  CDO has some really tight regulations.  We called the City Health Dept in Cagayan de Oro and they said for her to call them when she landed and they would meet her at the house to verify that she can stay there for her 14 days.  She can't use our beach house because we have relatives living there and they would have to leave for her to do her stay there.  She can go to Hermano beach house, but she has to leave by 6 pm or she will be forced into 14 day quarantine there.  We have a family baby staying there, so that kills that idea.  I guess the Covid doesn't spread during the day, but after dark you have to stay inside for 14 more days. She has to quarantine in Manila Sunday until she gets her Covid 19 test verified by email that she's negative.  If she can't stay at the in-town home, she's going to a hotel for 14 days.  I've got all of my info, letters, passports, etc to get my Visa here in Chicago.  It's a stack with the application form.  I may go October 26 and I may not.  I'm 60 and have heart problems, so I don't know if it would be wise to travel during the pandemic.  PH doesn't seem to know what the plan is each day.  I'll keep you updated.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

The whole thing is a bad joke.

A slow ride into failed-state status, and civil deprivation.  

Perhaps Martial Law in all but name too. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Perhaps Martial Law in all but name too. 

:whistling: Something I mentioned some time ago:huh:

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Rich in CDO.  Not sure where you are flying into, but I followed MNL airport for several months finding out which flights were not being cancelled.   We ended up flying out of San Fran to Manila on PAL.   At the time (1 August 2020) I think LAX and San Fran had two flights a week, not sure of the status now.  Our COVID test ($94.00 a test) took about 18 hours, we were able to check out of hotel and go to a apartment in Marilao Bulacan where we did 14 days quarantine, had to take our own temps and would be called several time a week from the barangay.  Once done we got papers from barangay showing we completed our quarantine and free to move about.  Been looking for a house to buy in Bulacan and no problems looking at several houses a day.  Best of luck.  

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Freebie said:

More of the same.. 6 and a half months into the "lockdown" and still there doesnt appear to be an actual plan other than these endless lockdowns and lockups etc. Keep the people locked up and hope/pray  they dont starve seems to be the plan here.

Most people can resume work now or at least in Cebu city. Restaurants can operate up to 10 pm at 75% of capacity. Malls can open until 10 but probably wont. Jeepneys will be back on the road so in reality as I said most can start to work again. Your local area may be different so everyone needs to be aware of their local goverment rules.

For Cebu city if anyone wants to go through the 12 or so pages.

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Most people can resume work now or at least in Cebu city. Restaurants can operate up to 10 pm at 75% of capacity. Malls can open until 10 but probably wont. Jeepneys will be back on the road so in reality as I said most can start to work again. Your local area may be different so everyone needs to be aware of their local goverment rules.

For Cebu city if anyone wants to go through the 12 or so pages.

That’s IF they still have a job. The economy is all over the place just now and until there is some consistency it isn’t going to get any better. 

• Like 4

Rich in CDO
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Rich in CDO.  Not sure where you are flying into, but I followed MNL airport for several months finding out which flights were not being cancelled.   We ended up flying out of San Fran to Manila on PAL.   At the time (1 August 2020) I think LAX and San Fran had two flights a week, not sure of the status now.  Our COVID test ($94.00 a test) took about 18 hours, we were able to check out of hotel and go to a apartment in Marilao Bulacan where we did 14 days quarantine, had to take our own temps and would be called several time a week from the barangay.  Once done we got papers from barangay showing we completed our quarantine and free to move about.  Been looking for a house to buy in Bulacan and no problems looking at several houses a day.  Best of luck.  

Thanks Yeochief for the info.  We purchased the tickets from Korean Airlines last year for March 15 departure.  What timing.  We are going from Chicago to Manila.  The cancelled the second half of the trip from Seoul to Manila and rescheduled for 3 day layover in Korea. Wife didn't want to spend 3 days in Korea, so we re-scheduled from Sept 2 to Sept 5 to shorten the layover to 3 hours. Korean Air has been wonderful on all of these cancellations.  No change fees at all.  I sure hope my Wife, our Niece and my Brother-in-law get their results back in 18 hours, like you.  That would be great.  Their second flight down to Cagayan de Oro is schedule for Sept 8th. It will be close, but if they don't have the email yet, they'll have to reschedule that flight.  One leg at a time.  Anyway, hope she gets out on Saturday. I'll let you guys know how the trip goes.  Thanks for info.

• Like 3

gabgab
Posted
Posted
On 9/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, Rich in CDO said:

My wife's flight got cancelled again this week. That's 7 flight cancellations since March.  Now the flight leaves on Saturday.  CDO has some really tight regulations.

If you're talking about MNL-CDO flights, your wife can take the boat instead (2goTravel). They get cancelled less.

A few disclaimers though - it's a long ride (24h), add roughly 5h very probable delays to that. They serve meals but they look more like samples, so make sure to bring plenty of food onboard. There are no food buying options on the boat, just a small shop with water and chips (even that isn't open all the time). General facilities are very basic but ok all things considered.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic