Philippines placed under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ), Sept 1 to Sept 30, with exceptions

Rich in CDO
Posted
Posted

Nah, I was talking the Chicago to Seoul to Manila flight.  It kept getting cancelled.  She has a flight from Manila to CDO, after she passes the Covid testing. Hope we don't have to change that one 7 times.  CDO is waiting for her.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, Gas said:

That’s IF they still have a job. The economy is all over the place just now and until there is some consistency it isn’t going to get any better.

Things always get better. Some lose, some win. The amount of Panda and grab riders working hard around here show people still have money to buy takeout. Looking from my window at the places recently reopened, they are doing OK. Give it time and things will recover and you are correct, consistency will help but everything is uncertain no matter what part of the world we are in. Yes I see many business going down or have including my own but that also creates an opportunity for some.

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Things always get better. Some lose, some win. The amount of Panda and grab riders working hard around here show people still have money to buy takeout. Looking from my window at the places recently reopened, they are doing OK. Give it time and things will recover and you are correct, consistency will help but everything is uncertain no matter what part of the world we are in. Yes I see many business going down or have including my own but that also creates an opportunity for some.

No doubt things will improve, i just wish the business community had been more involved in the decision making from the start. 

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gas said:

No doubt things will improve, i just wish the business community had been more involved in the decision making from the start. 

You mean instead of the Generals , and the oh so many government  lawyers. Yes they could have involved the medical community too but maybe there arent any General Doctors or General Surgeons. Plus there arent any CEO Generals either.

And now theres another General , ex police ( NBI ) with zero knowledge or experience, now starting to run PhilHealth, with over 104  million members /beneficiaries

https://opinion.inquirer.net/133296/the-best-choice

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Freebie said:

And now theres another General , ex police ( NBI ) with zero knowledge or experience, now starting to run PhilHealth, with over 104  million members /beneficiaries.

Whilst I understand your point regarding the PhilHealth appointment, he's not a novice to running a large government department and it seems he has been selected for his integrity - the people below him can surely provide all the specific expertise required? 

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Whilst I understand your point regarding the PhilHealth appointment, he's not a novice to running a large government department and it seems he has been selected for his integrity - the people below him can surely provide all the specific expertise required? 

One honest man amongst a den of thieves.hmmm... no matter his leadership skills or sense of integrity how long to determine who in that nest of vipers he can trust and work with. honest men thrive in an honest environment .

Anyways sorry to all for hijacking the thread.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Freebie said:

One honest man amongst a den of thieves.hmmm... no matter his leadership skills or sense of integrity how long to determine who in that nest of vipers he can trust and work with. honest men thrive in an honest environment .

Anyways sorry to all for hijacking the thread.

Alternatively, the only way to change such a culture is from the top down. 

I'm an optimist though. 

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Alternatively, the only way to change such a culture is from the top down. 

I'm an optimist though. 

I've always been a optimist, but after 25 years of living and working here i am also a realist.

• Like 1

DaveB
Posted
Posted

Just got notified our Seoul to Clark flight was cancelled - so we're re-booked Seoul to Manila.  Starting to research quarantine hotels.  Anyone have any suggestions on places to avoid?  If you really liked one to recommend, would like to hear that too - but mostly want to avoid the horror shows.  This whole endeavor has been bizarre enough.  Still plugging along with dogged determination, though.  And for those wondering what's going on as you look around the Philippines - you should see how batty  the US is getting.  Feel like a member of a global laughingstock.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Gas said:

I've always been a optimist, but after 25 years of living and working here i am also a realist.

I know, I know...

But, in all seriousness, if a culture of dishonesty is to be changed it must start from the very top. The fact that Duterte has put him in there despite his lack of 'technical' knowledge is already a good sign i reckon.

That said, the general acceptance here that things are corrupt, always have been and always will be doesn't really help.

I suppose a reduced level of corruption is an attainable goal.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic