Philippines placed under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ), Sept 1 to Sept 30, with exceptions

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, DaveB said:

quarantine hotels.

We stayed at the Belmont in Manila (think number 81 on the list).  Booked on line and they charge 10% up front on my credit card.  I booked for 10 days, not knowing how long it would take for the COVID 19 test.  Flew in on 3 August (direct flight from San Fran), had to pay for 2 August due to it being at 5 am on 3 August, and did not want to hang around in the lobby until check in.  Got our test back (email) and checked out on 4 August (got full refund for the days we did not stay, took about two weeks).  They have a small restaurant that you can order room service.   Very Good customer service.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, DaveB said:

Just got notified our Seoul to Clark flight was cancelled - so we're re-booked Seoul to Manila.  Starting to research quarantine hotels.  Anyone have any suggestions on places to avoid?  If you really liked one to recommend, would like to hear that too - but mostly want to avoid the horror shows.  This whole endeavor has been bizarre enough.  Still plugging along with dogged determination, though.  And for those wondering what's going on as you look around the Philippines - you should see how batty  the US is getting.  Feel like a member of a global laughingstock.

Sorry to hear about your flight change. As you’ll be confined to quarters for a day or two, I’d avoid the SoGo’s and places like that as they may not offer much (if anything) in the way of room service. Guess it depends on your budget, for a night or two I usually stay at the Fairmont (excellent food and full room service menu) or the City Garden Grand. As an “evil smoker”, those are some of the few that still offer smoking rooms too. Good luck and safe travels. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic