For the sake of all the Filipino Covid-19 victims, Senator Manny Pacquiao will be fighting UFC superstar Conor McGregor

Terry P
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am sure he means well.  I suspect there will be many hands in the graft before Manny's donation gets to the victims.  Cynical?  Well that is how it is done in the Philippines so I would say "sadness mixed with realism".

Wasn't his last round of donations (excuse the pun) organised by buying ppe test kits etc directly with the aid of business

Doesn't stop the equipment being misappropriated but at least keeps thieving hands off direct cash

Maybe he's going the same way with this round (excuse the pun again)

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I can't really find much to criticise him for - at least not compared to his peers.

Sure, a percentage of cream is always skimmed of the top, and this is true everywhere but maybe a bit more cream here than the average, but the bulk does make its way through the system, surely?

Terry P
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

I can't really find much to criticise him for - at least not compared to his peers.

Sure, a percentage of cream is always skimmed of the top, and this is true everywhere but maybe a bit more cream here than the average, but the bulk does make its way through the system, surely?

Can't make my mind up whether that's sarcasm or niavity 😂😂

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

I agree with you HK. :tiphat:

At least Manny's trying to help so some good will come of it.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, TerryP said:

Can't make my mind up whether that's sarcasm or niavity 😂😂

What do you mean? 

Are you suggesting that more is creamed off than makes it way through the system?

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

What do you mean? 

Are you suggesting that more is creamed off than makes it way through the system?

Yep sarcasm 😁

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Yep sarcasm 😁

Come on Terry, let's have an answer. 

Terry P
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Come on Terry, let's have an answer.

My view HK

Manny gives his purse to the powers that be then the vast majority of it will disappear into a black hole

If he can keep what he's donating out in the public domain by purchasing without the government getting involved he's got half a chance of getting supplies to where they're needed

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, TerryP said:

My view HK

Manny gives his purse to the powers that be then the vast majority of it will disappear into a black hole

If he can keep what he's donating out in the public domain by purchasing without the government getting involved he's got half a chance of getting supplies to where they're needed

The weak link will be when he hands the money over to the local Government units to distribute aid with it, as I can't see him touring the Philippines with suitcases of cash handing it out.  A prime example I know of is a Mayor who never misses a photo opportunity of himself handing out rice, live chickens and eggs to the poor. All tax payers money and he gets the above from his own businesses at prime prices. 

Terry P
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

The weak link will be when he hands the money over to the local Government units to distribute aid with it, as I can't see him touring the Philippines with suitcases of cash handing it out.  A prime example I know of is a Mayor who never misses a photo opportunity of himself handing out rice, live chickens and eggs to the poor. All tax payers money and he gets the above from his own businesses at prime prices. 

I wasn't thinking down the lines of releasing chickens to an adoring crowd

Besides Jack has already started a thread on chickens 😁😁