Thunderstorm in CDO

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, macdonald said:

When you say near Toronto, where?

Oakville... I was born in Toronto. (which is pronounced properly as "Tronto?")

But there we go... off topic again. I am guilty as s**t... as usual... sorry, Mods!

Edited by Tommy T.

macdonald
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Oakville... I was born in Toronto. (which is pronounced properly as "Tronto?")

You look a little younger than me, but do you remember Ronnie Hawkins and Grant Smith and the Powers

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, macdonald said:

You look a little younger than me, but do you remember Ronnie Hawkins and Grant Smith and the Powers

Sorry, never heard of them... 

macdonald
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry, never heard of them... 

Ronnie Hawkins [still alive today at 85]was considered the Canadian Elvis and band members Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson went on to become major players in 'The Band" And Smith and the Power were also big in southern Ontario during that time 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, macdonald said:

Ronnie Hawkins [still alive today at 85]was considered the Canadian Elvis and band members Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson went on to become major players in 'The Band" And Smith and the Power were also big in southern Ontario during that time 

Hmmm... sorry, I guess I missed that. I was into Beatles and American bands in my time. Never heard of these guys you mention before....

I think that, if you wish to continue this dialogue, we should either start a new thread or use personal messaging. We are totally off topic and that really is not so cool on the forum.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Next thing you're gonna tell us is that Aussies do not drink Fosters

Not for the last 30 years :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, macdonald said:

Sorry, if your feathers got ruffled by me, for just having a little fun with 1 of your countrymen

Never ruffled my feathers at all. Just giving you some info so dont take it wrong. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

macdonald
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Hmmm... sorry, I guess I missed that. I was into Beatles and American bands in my time. Never heard of these guys you mention before....

I was also, but in the 60's they were what was happening locally in southern Ontario.

macdonald
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not for the last 30 years :thumbsup:

Never ruffled my feathers at all. Just giving you some info so dont take it wrong. :thumbsup:

As I said I've had similar experiences in my own culture and thanks for sharing your experiences