Cremation

davewe
Posted
Posted

My wife's Lolo died a few days ago of non-Covid causes. It brought up several discussions with my wife and she swears the following is true; and a couple other have confirmed.

In the PI if you go to the hospital and test positive and then die (of whatever cause) they will automatically cremate you. For this reason many elderly people close to death (and their families) do not want to go to the hospital, for fear of cremation and that they will not be able to have a viewing and proper burial.

If true this would be devastating in finding additional Covid patients and contact tracing. Does anyone know for sure?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, davewe said:

In the PI if you go to the hospital and test positive and then die (of whatever cause) they will automatically cremate you.

Falls into line with everything I have read in the News

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've been hearing also that if Covid is suspected then they must be cremated within a couple of days. If my mind serves me right there was a post from a member whose Father had a long term heart issue and went into hospital with heart issues.  He was tested for Covid before going to the hospital and found clear but died in hospital a few days later and Covid was put on his records. His relative wanted an autopsy and was informed the patient is getting cremated so no autopsy.

Joey G
Posted
Posted

SIL passed from COVID in Visaya's last month... they would NOT allow cremation of her because she had COVID.  You read the right... they would NOT allow cremation because she had COVID.  

• Hmm thinking 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, davewe said:

My wife's Lolo died a few days ago of non-Covid causes. It brought up several discussions with my wife and she swears the following is true; and a couple other have confirmed.

In the PI if you go to the hospital and test positive and then die (of whatever cause) they will automatically cremate you. For this reason many elderly people close to death (and their families) do not want to go to the hospital, for fear of cremation and that they will not be able to have a viewing and proper burial.

If true this would be devastating in finding additional Covid patients and contact tracing. Does anyone know for sure?

This is what I reported a few months ago.  Highly respected neighbor died of a heart attack in his car.  Counted as Covid and cremated within 48 hours without consent.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Counted as Covid and cremated within 48 hours without consent.

My Wifes friends Mother dies Last week, it was suggested that cremation would be best but had to be done within 72 Hours

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

True to form their are Government regulations though some have been interpretted differently in some areas.  A quick Google showed many cases where relatives were told the body must be created within 12hrs and no come back. 

In short it's 12hrs for burial or cremation as Muslims aren't allowed cremation due to their religion and some areas have no crematorium. https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1099769

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Can you get covid from a dead body thats not breathing and you dont touch? 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not directly.  However, there will always be a lot of white ladies around the body and they can pass it to you.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Your lady givin' you the cold shoulder? :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Haha 5

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic