Policeman murders mother and son execution style and walks away as if nothing happened.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, intrepid said:

With his bad record he never should have been allowed a gun at any time and should have been fired long ago.  If retained, he should have desk job and never allowed out!:tiphat:

"Retained" he should not be allowed out of prison, except only in a coffin.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Shady said:

With his bad record, he never should have been allowed a gun off-duty, his superiors should be charged as well.

This is the very point I raised with my wife - but, I'd go further and say no guns should be taken off-duty.  They can apply for a gun licence the same as other citizens have to if they wish.  

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, hk blues said:

This is the very point I raised with my wife - but, I'd go further and say no guns should be taken off-duty.  They can apply for a gun licence the same as other citizens have to if they wish.  

True HK, simply storing police guns in an armory while off duty would save many lives.

How many hit jobs and other murders are perpetrated using police service guns do you think?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Old55 said:

True HK, simply storing police guns in an armory while off duty would save many lives.

How many hit jobs and other murders are perpetrated using police service guns do you think?

Well, we know of at least 2 Old55.  I'd be willing to bet my left bollock that it's a lot more than that! 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Caught between the Devil and the deap blue sea if you take guns off the police when not on duty.  I'm sure for many the fact that people know they have a gun stops them from seeking revenge if the police apprehend then in line with their job.  Let them keep their guns but enforce 100% any punishments if used illegaly. 

Having done a few jobs in the military where concealed weapons were authorised I can safely say it saved my life having the bad guys knowing I and my colleagues carried them.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Caught between the Devil and the deap blue sea if you take guns off the police when not on duty.  I'm sure for many the fact that people know they have a gun stops them from seeking revenge if the police apprehend then in line with their job.  Let them keep their guns but enforce 100% any punishments if used illegaly. 

Having done a few jobs in the military where concealed weapons were authorised I can safely say it saved my life having the bad guys knowing I and my colleagues carried them.

I'm not convinced Snowy - as guns are legal here cops can easily get one and thus most would assume they were armed anyway regardless of their service weapon.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

7 hours ago, intrepid said:

With his bad record he never should have been allowed a gun at any time and should have been fired long ago.  If retained, he should have desk job and never allowed out!:tiphat:

I thought I read somewhere that it was not his police issued weapon??  Filipinos love guns so it is likely he had more than the police issued gun.

According to the news, he was working in the crime lab, so he may have already been on a desk job.

According to my gardener, he commuted back and forth to his job in  Paranaque, home on weekends and holidays, where the murders occurred.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Probably be treated as a VIP in jail, and protected by the doting prison guards. ...And so it goes on. :rolleyes:

• Like 1