Heavy rain on it's way

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Storm heading towards central Philippines this Thursday. Get your brolly's ready.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/16/2021 at 2:41 PM, jimeve said:

Storm heading towards central Philippines this Thursday. Get your brolly's ready.

Assuming the forecasts are somewhat accurate, Jim, it is looking like the s*** may hit the fan starting tomorrow or Saturday in Eastern Mindanao and spreading northwest toward Cebu and then Luzon?

Good time to stock in a bit of extra food and drinking water (and Tanduay)... That's the conservative yachtie thinking, of course...

And keep your powder dry...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Assuming the forecasts are somewhat accurate, Jim, it is looking like the s*** may hit the fan starting tomorrow

We had our First dose last night, Now as I write, it looks to be building up again and the wind is getting Strong so it looks like batten down time for sure :huh:

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

We had our First dose last night, Now as I write, it looks to be building up again and the wind is getting Strong so it looks like batten down time for sure :huh:

Yep, the wind woke me up 3 am. So I got up and watched my fave team Man City beat Everton 1-3.

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Assuming the forecasts are somewhat accurate, Jim, it is looking like the s*** may hit the fan starting tomorrow or Saturday in Eastern Mindanao and spreading northwest toward Cebu and then Luzon?

Good time to stock in a bit of extra food and drinking water (and Tanduay)... That's the conservative yachtie thinking, of course...

And keep your powder dry...

Auring,' first storm of 2021, enters PH area - Manila ...

https://manilastandard.net/news/national/347330/-auring-first-storm-of-2021-enters-ph-area.html

A tropical depression named "Auring" entered the Philippine area of responsibility on Wednesday, the first cyclone to visit in 2021. As of Wednesday's 3 p.m. bulletin, the center of "Auring" was estimated at 700 kilometers east-southeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Jack, we've had strong winds night and day for a couple of days now. It got quiet last night , butnow this morning the wind is starting to kick up again. We took all my herb plants and such inside from the balcony last night just in case.

Queenie O... It is not actually supposed to get really nasty until tomorrow through Sunday. Cebu is looking to be front and center for this storm. Good that you are preparing early... Stay safe!

• Like 1