If I book a 1 way flight only will I be allowed entry in the airport check.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Being one who recently arrived, We were asked about return tickets. My wife said we plan on staying 6+ months. She asked about processing the 13a for me. Officer said check the website, then stamped my passport with 12 month Balikbayan.

If you are not accompanied by a Filipino spouse, I would never risk not having a return flight.

• Like 4

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, baronapart said:

Not aimed at the OP specifically as I see this discussed a lot on other sites. I just don't understand why anyone would fark about with this requirement. Why take the risk? You are presumably spending thousands of dollars on your trip and you are going to put it at risk for the cost of a $99 throwaway ticket to Singapore or the equivalent. **shrug**

Totally agree!
It started with me not having experience in this asking a flight agent if a 1 way ticket would be enough since i am going to stay longer, and the flight agent said the only way would be to have a contact address in Ph, which i do!

She said otherwise to have a return ticket back home.
In this case instead of being 400€, it becomes double 800€; then i created the post.

Now i now i can just book a throwaway flight anywhere outside of the Philippines, which solves the issue.

Edited by f5m9v6
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 3/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, f5m9v6 said:

Can you explain what you meant with using it 3 or 4 times if you go to other places nearby and return to the PI?

Say you buy that ticket above to KK from Manila for 10 months out and show it at check in going to Manila, then after a few months in PI, you go to Macau for a few days, then use that same ticket above at check in at Macau to Manila and on and on. We did it.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

As an "Old Fart" unless you are partnered or married to a filipina, is it not a 30 day visa which can be extended by  attending police/ government office?

The last time I checked a few years back you did require a "Onward ticket" which one would assume coincided with your visa expiry date.  However best to check with the airline you intend to travel with as to whether or not you can delay your return date, better safe than sorry.

Just typed in how long can I stay in Philippines on a tourist visa the answer was 30days, however apparently applying in advance that can be changed to 59 days. I would think an onward ticket would still be needed.

Screenshot_2021-03-06 how long can you stay in Philippines on a tourist visa - Google Search.png

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, jpbago said:

Say you buy that ticket above to KK from Manila for 10 months out and show it at check in going to Manila, then after a few months in PI, you go to Macau for a few days, then use that same ticket above at check in at Macau to Manila and on and on. We did it.

Got it. A long lasting onward flight out of PI.
The thing many people are forgetting here is that an onward flight out of PI has to be within the visa expiration date.
That's my understanding!

Am i right?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

Got it. A long lasting onward flight out of PI.
The thing many people are forgetting here is that an onward flight out of PI has to be within the visa expiration date.
That's my understanding!

Am i right?

Nope. Been posted before and I included a screenshot of the answer from the BI that the onward ticket can be dated any date as they know you can extend your visa. 

onward 2.jpg

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/30748-first-trip/?do=findComment&comment=263098

• Like 4

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Nope. Been posted before and I included a screenshot of the answer from the BI that the onward ticket can be dated any date as they know you can extend your visa. 

onward 2.jpg

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/30748-first-trip/?do=findComment&comment=263098

Thanks Jgf!

So up to 10 months (but not longer) is safe, and won't bring unnecessary discussions or problems?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, f5m9v6 said:

Thanks Jgf!

So up to 10 months (but not longer) is safe, and won't bring unnecessary discussions or problems?

It should not but ask the BI and when you get the answer from the horse's mouth print it out and carry it with you. The law is an onward ticket so as long as you have one you are abiding by the law.

• Like 1