Covovax

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

4th option is to drive 40 miles north to Temecula and crash at Jake's place.......(I like to have breakfast at 0530 Jake,,,get ready

I think you will have to go a bit further up 15.  Jake is in Vegas now!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Jake is in Vegas now!  

Even Better :nudie:

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

More than 90 million people have received at least one dose in the US, so some immunity there. Add to that the 31 million cases to date, and the likelihood that for each officially counted case there are two others that never were detected, and we are talking over 180 million people with at least some immunity right now. That's over half the US population. Herd immunity is expected to hit at somewhere between 60 and 80 percent of the population, so we should be getting there very soon at the current rate of over 2 million shots per day and roughly 60,000 official cases per day. Once that occurs maybe the US will start sending more doses overseas, including the RoP. The UK has also done very well with its vaccination program.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wonder what the deal is with vaccines at the VA hospital in Manila. It would save qualified veterans a lot of inconvenience and money if jabs could be had there. The VA hospital in my town has had greater availability of jabs than have other providers.

Edited by Guy F.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 3/29/2021 at 6:12 PM, scott h said:

Even Better :nudie:

Friday April 16th? I'm buying........

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Guy F. said:

VA hospital in Manila.

I just joined a FB chat group and if I am approved I will ask. Not hopeful as most of the comments seem to be minor,,,,not an official VA page.

However I saw this on my VFW posts page. 

VA Manila has not yet received our initial allocation of COVID-19 vaccines from the United States. At this time, I do not have an estimate of when VA Manila will be sent its initial supply. There is still a shortage of vaccine availability in the United States. Many of the vaccine manufacturers have indicated that the available vaccine supplies will increase over the next 6 weeks in the United States. As this happens, I am hopeful that VA Manila will be able to receive its initial allocation. VA Manila stands ready to receive and begin vaccinating eligible Veterans as soon as we receive our initial supply. VA Manila will follow VA’s published guidelines for prioritization when we receive our initial supply and we will quickly schedule as many Veterans as our supplies and allotments allows. For those Veterans who are interested, I am happy to provide a link to the VA’s national COVID-19 Vaccine Plan, which is available to review on this website:

VA Manila also received notification this week that President Biden signed into law HR1276, the SAVE LIVES Act. The SAVE LIVES Act removes some of the legal limitations on the medical care VA can provide to Veterans, based on health care eligibility and priority groups. VA is reviewing the approved legislation and will provide VA Manila with further guidance on its implications in the coming days. However, it’s important to note that the expanded authority in the SAVE LIVES Act to vaccinate all Veterans, spouses, and some caregivers is dependent upon readily available COVID-19 vaccine supply. Until vaccine is readily available, the Act requires VA to continue to prioritize vaccinations for our Veterans enrolled in VA care.
Over the coming weeks, during March and April 2021, VA will conduct pilots of COVID-19 vaccination for ‘covered individuals’ specified in HR1276 at select VA medical centers. These pilots will work through critical steps in the vaccination process including communications, operations including space and staffing, systems for registration, enrollment, scheduling, documentation, and data transmission.
I know how important information on COVID-19 vaccinations is to Veterans, so I promise to continue regularly updating all Veterans.
The last thing I want to share, is the recommendation from multiple medical organizations, including Johns Hopkins and the Cleveland Clinic – “The best COVID-19 Vaccine is the one you can get into your arm”. If you are given an opportunity to be vaccinated through another source, I would highly encourage you to consider taking that opportunity.
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The Covovax vaccine program for us locally will probably be delayed.  India has decided they will not export vaccines, for now.

https://www.ft.com/content/5349389c-8313-41e0-9a67-58274e24a019?fbclid=IwAR2cADfYSwSe4WoLcYl8Fc9KCd8TnepjAAVnEbw-jWzJkKHmjeDEQ_ScAQQ

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, scott h said:

I just joined a FB chat group and if I am approved I will ask. Not hopeful as most of the comments seem to be minor,,,,not an official VA page.

You can get some good info on the Subic RAO Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/RAO-SUBIC-BAY-111347250599771

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic