The Silent Treatment, known in the Philippines as Tampo.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Explorer said:

I am just curious, is this tampo thing usually happen between husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend or also within the family - brothers/sisters, parents/daughter?

Just by observation, any female can go "full tampo" on any male at any time regardless of the relationship.  

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Pretty much as Brett says.  The friends of mine that have attacked the tampo full on assure me they don't suffer it anywhere near the amount they used to.  By attacking I mean they've told their partners they had better tell them what the problem is or they will go down town to find another woman with a sympathetic ear who will help them to understand the tampo better.  Or the threat of going away for a few days with the lads tends to get them talking.

The ones that put up with it seam to get it more often as I hear them talking about it, and as most know the tampo could be over the slightest thing that our male minds don't even pick up on.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

I am just curious, is this tampo thing usually happen between husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend or also within the family - brothers/sisters, parents/daughter?

Yes definitely between sisters as it seems no one is speaking to Emma since early January because I refused to lend/ borrow/give or gift them the money they was asking for .

• Like 3

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 3/29/2021 at 3:16 AM, JJReyes said:

Interesting commentaries.  I have been happily married for 49 years to the same person.  She is my first love and that love has blossomed over the years.  We celebrate our 50th anniversary this coming September.  On the subject of marriage and relationships, let me plead the 5th (US Constitution right against self-incrimination).

JJ,

Most every post you share with us is well worth our reading, and is full of interesting, well versed comments, questions, and information. I'm happy that it works for you, and anytime I come across a couple with a life long relationship like yours, you have my deepest respect and admiration.  I don't think I could bring myself to follow your approach, but then again, it could be why I haven't had a relationship like yours too...............yet?  Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it was definitely "thought-provoking" for me. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Sorry.  I meant "Total Language Immersion."

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Explorer said:

Father-in-law occasionally goes into tampo mode if he feels he is not being treated right.  Actually a bit humorous to watch how the family reacts. :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2021 at 4:26 AM, JJReyes said:

Thank you for your comments.  I really appreciate being told that a good relationship and trying to achieve happiness is the path to having a successful life rather than possessing material goods.  There have been ups and downs, but overall life has been good.  

I will be withdrawing from the forum for a few months.  My first language is Spanish growing up in Madrid as a small child.  The second is Tagalog after our family's return to Manila when my grandfather passed away.  English is third upon entering first grade.  The situation today is primarily English, passable Tagalog and very limited Spanish.

While visiting Central America, my wife and I have agreed on a concept called, "Total Language Emersion," which means only Spanish.  Hopefully, it will help me recover the language.  This will include our watching Telemundo and CNN en Espanol television programs.  Supposedly neural waves in my brain have retained the language.  This is the reason I understand Spanish, but can no longer speak it.  

Looking forward to visiting the Philippines towards Christmas and spending up to six months revisiting many places.

• I'm Confused 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

JJ, Good luck to you and God Bless you, your wife and family.  Please let me know if the "immersion" works for you when you return.  I tried it a few years back had some success while living in Costa Rica.  But I'm sure your Spanish base is much more in-depth than mine was at the time.  Take care, be safe, and we will miss your participation.

jw

• Like 3