Pakikisama: The spoken and unspoken rules and culture for living in the Philippine

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Shady said:

Living there to make money, despite the horrific crime rate and savagery in the streets.

Ok, make sense, millions filipinos are flocking to the US, to live in an hellhole, risking their lives just to make a buck, got it!

Edited by Explorer

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

One could argue that the US has better reporting, which would make the the actual difference between the US and the Philippines larger.

A better measure of quality of life is life expectancy at birth. Here are the numbers, courtesy of the CIA World Factbook.

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/field/life-expectancy-at-birth/country-comparison

The PI is 70.32 and the US is 80.43. I'll say that a person in the PI who has money probably lives as long as an average person in the US, and has more fun.

• Like 3

Shady
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Explorer said:

filipinos are flocking to the US, to live in an hellhole, risking their lives just to make a buck

Congratulations, you've discovered OFW

6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

One could argue that the US has better reporting

Better grammar, but the mainstream media in the US is nothing more than Leftwing propaganda.

6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I'll say that a person in the PI who has money probably lives as long as an average person in the US, and has more fun.

Valid point, more so since a person needs a lot less money in the PH to live a comparably crime-free comfortable life in the US.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Shady said:

Better grammar, but the mainstream media in the US is nothing more than Leftwing propaganda.

I'll say to you what I regularly say to my wife. "Yes dear, whatever you say dear."

Explorer
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Guy F. said:

The PI is 70.32 and the US is 80.43. I'll say that a person in the PI who has money probably lives as long as an average person in the US, and has more fun.

Apparently Filipino seniors are voting with their feets, 24% of Filipinos immigrants in the US are 65 or older, versus 16% of both the overall foreign and native-born populations. Filipino seniors LOVE the US.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 4.34.39 PM.png

Shady
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Explorer said:

Filipino seniors LOVE the US.

US seniors love the PH more

• Haha 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Shady said:

Congratulations, you've discovered OFW

So what you are saying is that the 4.1 millions Filipinos living in the US are OFWs?  :89:

softail
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Explorer said:

So what you are saying is that the 4.1 millions Filipinos living in the US are OFWs?  :89:

Well, with the amount of money they send home to there “needy” families, I  guess you could consider them “OFW’s” :)

Explorer
Posted
Posted
On 5/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, softail said:

Well, with the amount of money they send home to there “needy” families, I  guess you could consider them “OFW’s” :)

Hey, I am also sending money to my gf and family, where can I signup for my OFW benefits?

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Explorer said:

Hey, I am also sending money to my gf and family, where can I signup for my OFW benefits?

The only benefit I've seen is the OFW gets to work so the others don't have to. :wink:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1