Thought for the day.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Robi said:

When a picture is worth 1,000 words,...

20190901_203439.jpg

This is the misconception. What are those lines? No they are not power lines but phone lines and internet cables. Here this al the time :) 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Guy F. said:

In the Philippines "it has to be done." In other countries not nearly so much. In Wyoming USA we are not without electricity more than a few hours each year. In Japan the average consumer is without electricity an average of 5 minutes per year.

Well I worked alongside our power company in Australia for many years and I know you won't work on a 67 KV transmission line to replace poles unless its dead. Now you dont seem to get it, for example they are replacing wooden poles and this tropical country where things rot, termites ETC so maintenances as in replacement might be completely different than your former neck of the woods.

Honestly I get sick of these type of topics where people with no idea know more than the average idiot. 

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well I worked alongside our power company in Australia for many years and I know you won't work on a 67 KV transmission line to replace poles unless its dead. Now you dont seem to get it, for example they are replacing wooden poles and this tropical country where things rot, termites ETC so maintenances as in replacement might be completely different than your former neck of the woods.

Honestly I get sick of these type of topics where people with no idea know more than the average idiot. 

Actually, it's 69 KV. 

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Actually, it's 69 KV. 

To be fair Jim, the Aussies have always been a bit lacking.   :hystery::hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just in, from Rappler.

image.png

An outage on a single plant is enough to trigger rotational blackouts.

Edited by Gandang Smile

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

An outage on a single plant is enough to trigger rotational blackouts.

Maybe our resident Electric Expert ( amongst other expertise he has/thinks he has) can explain this to us :tiphat:

ELECTRICITY by demand.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They do it with redundant capabilities. When one power source fails, power is rerouted from elsewhere to replace it. When one transmission line fails, power is re-routed through another path.

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe our resident Electric Expert ( amongst other expertise he has/thinks he has) can explain this to us :tiphat:

ELECTRICITY by demand.jpg

Sure, but perhaps you could explain us your short fuse first 🤔

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Sure, but perhaps you could explain us your short fuse first 🤔

NO! it is YOUR CHAIR

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Sad 1

BC57
Posted
Posted
On 5/31/2021 at 11:41 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

It is a schedule outage for maintenance so not what l call a brownout. Its advertised in advance and has to be done.

190801252_1391742021194271_6101952529256614260_n.jpg

Scheduled maintenance to me is equivalent to a brownout in my opinion, the only difference is they tell you in advance when scheduled maintenance is coming. Our area has never had a 12 hour maintenance scheduled so I'm grateful for that.