Jump to content

JOHNSON & JOHNSON COVID 19 VACCINE AT UNITED STATES VA MANILA


Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support
43 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

Got the Johnson & Johnson COVID 19

Great new Yeo

Did you happen to ask or hear who is eligible? Last I heard it was service connected only. But if they are giving it to dependents perhaps that has changed.

Luckily I made it 33 years with no disabilities....now its biting me in the butt :boohoo::hystery:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, scott h said:

Last I heard it was service connected only

All United States Veterans and there spouses.

Edited by Yeochief
  • Love it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I get their routine clinic news emails and have been tracking this topic for a while.  Everything up to now had been, to paraphrase, "when we get all vets enrolled with the clinic, we will move on to all other vets, and when that is done, we'll move on to dependents and care givers".  This always has had the observation that they think it will be several months before they can get to dependents.

Last Thursday they sent out an email and, surprise, now open to dependents.  It contained a form to fill out and advice to message it on EVets, or return email it or fax it.  I sent it in via an email reply, and then started to log into eVets to send it that way, too, just to cover the bases.  I didn't finish logging on to eVets and there was already a lady on the phone talking to my wife about setting up an Appointment on Sunday...took them like 3 minutes to respond to my email.  So wife got her vaccination on Sunday.  They are currently going 7 days a week.  They recommend going there on Saturday and Sunday as the traffic is better, and their regular shift resources are more freed up.  You can call as noted in this discussion string, or...if you don't mind waiting...you can do a walk in.

It's running very efficiently and well-organized.  People with appointments, which are in 15 minute blocks, are lined up every 15 minutes outside the security door and they file in.  As it goes, if an appointment block isn't completely filled, they pull in some walk ins.  All people with appointments are on a list and they check you off on the way in.  All walk ins are given a number and just hang loose outside until those numbers are called.  At the end of the day, it's all walk ins for the last appointment blocks. 

As a matter of comparison: my maid was in the tier one category for the barangay due to age, so my wife registered her for an appointment.  She got one a couple weeks ago.  It was a 4 hour fandango with medical screenings and paperwork and occasional jerks crashing the line.  Big mob in on place with an ongoing overlay of confusion.  Very Filipino, in other words. 

The VA hopes to do 300 a day on week ends, and less (I think 100) on week days.  When I got my vaccination, early on as a registered patient (back in May), it was Phizer and I had to do 2 trips.  When they ordered their second batch of vaccine, they opted for Johnson and Johnson so it was a one shot deal and no need to go all the way back to Manila for a second shot.

  • Love it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveB said:

I get their routine clinic news emails and have been tracking this topic for a while.  Everything up to now had been, to paraphrase, "when we get all vets enrolled with the clinic, we will move on to all other vets, and when that is done, we'll move on to dependents and care givers".  This always has had the observation that they think it will be several months before they can get to dependents.

Last Thursday they sent out an email and, surprise, now open to dependents.  It contained a form to fill out and advice to message it on EVets, or return email it or fax it.  I sent it in via an email reply, and then started to log into eVets to send it that way, too, just to cover the bases.  I didn't finish logging on to eVets and there was already a lady on the phone talking to my wife about setting up an Appointment on Sunday...took them like 3 minutes to respond to my email.  So wife got her vaccination on Sunday.  They are currently going 7 days a week.  They recommend going there on Saturday and Sunday as the traffic is better, and their regular shift resources are more freed up.  You can call as noted in this discussion string, or...if you don't mind waiting...you can do a walk in.

It's running very efficiently and well-organized.  People with appointments, which are in 15 minute blocks, are lined up every 15 minutes outside the security door and they file in.  As it goes, if an appointment block isn't completely filled, they pull in some walk ins.  All people with appointments are on a list and they check you off on the way in.  All walk ins are given a number and just hang loose outside until those numbers are called.  At the end of the day, it's all walk ins for the last appointment blocks. 

As a matter of comparison: my maid was in the tier one category for the barangay due to age, so my wife registered her for an appointment.  She got one a couple weeks ago.  It was a 4 hour fandango with medical screenings and paperwork and occasional jerks crashing the line.  Big mob in on place with an ongoing overlay of confusion.  Very Filipino, in other words. 

The VA hopes to do 300 a day on week ends, and less (I think 100) on week days.  When I got my vaccination, early on as a registered patient (back in May), it was Phizer and I had to do 2 trips.  When they ordered their second batch of vaccine, they opted for Johnson and Johnson so it was a one shot deal and no need to go all the way back to Manila for a second shot.

Excellent service - maybe they should take over the vaccination program from the govt. here!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, hk blues said:

Excellent service - maybe they should take over the vaccination program from the govt. here!  

Or send it to Bacolod,  as a senior played musical chairs for 4 hours, but not complaining as they did their best. Was able to pick between J&J and AZ, choose the former as its a once only. 

Following day my partner was at SM at 7.30am, had the jab at 9pm......quite an ordeal for her.

Following day....Me.....sore arm, little uncomfortable in stomach.

Partner,   fever 38,5 splitting head ache, of course sore arm.  Next day she was fine and so happy was a one time only. With delta increasing so will people wanting jabs.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Or send it to Bacolod,  as a senior played musical chairs for 4 hours, but not complaining as they did their best. Was able to pick between J&J and AZ, choose the former as its a once only. 

Following day my partner was at SM at 7.30am, had the jab at 9pm......quite an ordeal for her.

Following day....Me.....sore arm, little uncomfortable in stomach.

Partner,   fever 38,5 splitting head ache, of course sore arm.  Next day she was fine and so happy was a one time only. With delta increasing so will people wanting jabs.

Wow!  That was through the LGU?  I didn't know J&J was out there yet, but the logistics for it must be much easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Wow!  That was through the LGU?  I didn't know J&J was out there yet, but the logistics for it must be much easier.

 Yes, my choice would of been Pfizer how ever i doubt the vaccine would be kept at the required temps, hence J&J plus a oncer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RBM said:

 Yes, my choice would of been Pfizer how ever i doubt the vaccine would be kept at the required temps, hence J&J plus a oncer.

I think J&J should be a top choice in the Philippines because of one jab and no need to cold storage.  I hope my wife can get that one.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
On 7/25/2021 at 9:50 AM, OnMyWay said:

I think J&J should be a top choice in the Philippines because of one jab and no need to cold storage.  I hope my wife can get that one.

I read it was only meant to be given to seniors and most of it went to province areas to make it easier for those in more remote places to get it with one trip only. I know here in Cebu city its seniors only.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...