Jump to content

EED no longer required for qualifying 9a Visa holders from August 1st.


Recommended Posts

  • Forum Manager
On 7/25/2021 at 6:23 PM, Huggybearman said:

My reading of that means that 9a visa holders without that annotation are not valid for entry. So I would think they would have to either obtain another 9a visa or send the existing one back to have the annotation added. They don’t make it easy, do they!

At least it’s a step in the right direction!

Well the visa has to be obtained before coming here but if they dont tell their embassies' of that requirement some are in for a hard time. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well the visa has to be obtained before coming here but if they dont tell their embassies' of that requirement some are in for a hard time. 

With the delta strain spreading here and elsewhere, I would not be surprised to see the whole border get screwed back down again. :sad:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My friend who isn't married but has two children in the Phillipines caught an Emirites flight from Iraq via Dubai to Cebu last night.  I'd been kicking his butt for the last three weeks about his requirements for entry into the Philippines. Up until last night he told me he never got a reply from the Embassy about his Entry Exemption Certificate. I asked him how he got his 9a visa without the certificate and he replied " I don't have a visa." 

Somehow he got boarded in Iraq and I'm awaiting an update from Dubai as I fully expect him to be turned around as just over two months ago another friend without an Exemption Certificate was refused boarding. If he bluffs his way to Cebu what's the chances immigration there will turn him around?  I've read reports from Manila a few months back saying they had turned 18 individuals around for incorrect paperwork. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
43 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

at least they ain't spreading the disease.

 

amen.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

If he bluffs his way to Cebu what's the chances immigration there will turn him around?  I've read reports from Manila a few months back saying they had turned 18 individuals around for incorrect paperwork. 

Well... as it's likely that the Immigration staff get a tidy bonus, plus a day out with the pamily at McD's, for every poriner repused entry... :huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Well... as it's likely that the Immigration staff get a tidy bonus, plus a day out with the pamily at McD's, for every poriner repused entry... :huh:

I've still not heard from him and his plane should have landed by now.  He's a bit hot headed so I'm thinking the worse.  I know Manila immigration have definitely turned people around on arrival and the cost is passed to the airline who no doubt will get their money back somehow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, you and I know that they will simply say "where is your visa?"  . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Manager
14 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've still not heard from him and his plane should have landed by now.  He's a bit hot headed so I'm thinking the worse.  I know Manila immigration have definitely turned people around on arrival and the cost is passed to the airline who no doubt will get their money back somehow. 

I think he is crazy not to follow all the info posted on the BI Facebook and try to come here without the required things. Long trip for nothing I would think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...