LAPU-LAPU COVID 19 VACCINE

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

but I believe you will see it quickly change.

Or not,,,We all know how unimaginative Filipino leadership is. I give it a 50-50 chance of spreading as soon as they dont see riots in the streets. Deep down inside they all know that one way or another the average guy on the street will either, ignore, bribe or send their Jabbed relative with a shopping list a mile long.

lemmings.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, scott h said:

Or not,,,We all know how unimaginative Filipino leadership is. I give it a 50-50 chance of spreading as soon as they dont see riots in the streets. Deep down inside they all know that one way or another the average guy on the street will either, ignore, bribe or send their Jabbed relative with a shopping list a mile long.

lemmings.jpg

I don't know - money talks loudest and the mall owners won't be very happy if they are losing a large amount of their footfall.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

money talks loudest and the mall owners won't be very happy if they are losing a large amount of their footfall.

Normally I would agree whole heartedly, but it was just on the news that 2 of the business associations support another lockdown,,,they just want a weeks warning

here we go again.jpg

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, scott h said:

Normally I would agree whole heartedly, but it was just on the news that 2 of the business associations support another lockdown,,,they just want a weeks warning

here we go again.jpg

Yep, even as I was posting  I was questioning myself as to if that was more my perception than the reality.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2021 at 7:20 AM, scott h said:

Deep down inside they all know that one way or another the average guy on the street will either, ignore, bribe or send their Jabbed relative with a shopping list a mile long.

Or you’ll see many with fake / forged vax ID cards.

I don’t know about there, but the ones issued in the USA are pretty easy to make yourself; and short of calling the place where you got vaccinated, there’s no way to tell if the ID is real or not. I mean it’s not like a drivers license or vehicle registration where a simple computer check can tell if it’s valid or not. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gator said:

I don’t know about there, but the ones issued in the USA are pretty easy to make yourself; and short of calling the place where you got vaccinated, there’s no way to tell if the ID is real or not. I mean it’s not like a drivers license or vehicle registration where a simple computer check can tell if it’s valid or not. 

The USA is unlike most western democracies in that states rights figure much higher in how citizens data is handled and how much it is centralized (more so even than Australia which is one of the few other western democracies that even has state governments).

This tends to mean that vaccination records in most western countries are administered from a central database, the Australian vaccination record (just one example) is in the form of a digital certificate that is accessed via a government app with the data kept on government servers.

So they can be made to work in a pretty secure way but in the Philippines... I can't see that happening I regret to say.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Or you’ll see many with fake / forged vax ID cards.

More cities are following this way to do things from news reports so probably will end up nation wide.

MANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City (QC) government on Friday began distributing vaccination cards with tamper-proof seals to residents who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

The vaccine cards with hologram seals will be issued from six vaccination sites that are scheduled to administer second doses to about 4,000 individuals.

“Apart from a vaccination certificate for travel or work, which the Quezon City Health Department also issues, the tamper-proof security seal guarantees that vaccination cards presented for whatever purpose are genuine,” QC Mayor Joy Belmonte said in a statement.

According to the QC government, the possibility of fraud has increased as more incentives such as discounts and free products are now offered to fully vaccinated citizens.

LGUs were earlier told to tighten the security of vaccination cards against “manipulation and abuse.”

Travelers were recently warned against fabricating COVID-19 vaccination cards, reminding the public that the falsification of public documents is punishable by law.

The hologram seal on QC vaccination cards will be countersigned by an authorized representative of Task Force Vax to Normal.

“Now that inter-zonal travel for fully vaccinated individuals is being relaxed and more merchants are offering discounts to vaccinated individuals, our goal is to ensure that our QCitizens will have easier access to places and services,” Belmonte said.

The Department of Health, however, earlier said that travelers may still need to present negative COVID-19 test results as the government is still trying to establish a policy for the use of vaccination cards.

Quezon City Vax to Normal Co-Chair Joseph Juico said that vaccine cards were originally only for information related to vaccinated individuals but were later on made more secure as the cards will be used for other purposes.

“Given the delay in the roll-out of vaccine passes or a centralized vaccination certification system by the national government, we are in the interim, putting in place measures to make the vaccination cards more secure, especially for those requiring this for travel, work, and other purposes,” Juico added.

The city mayor also suggested that valid photo-bearing IDs of fully vaccinated persons be presented to restaurants, shops and malls along with the cards to ensure that these cards are not passed on to unvaccinated persons in attempts to claim incentives or for travel purposes.

The local government will also affix security seals to the cards of at least 240,000 citizens who received their second doses before the rollout of the security seal.

According to the LGU, those who received their second doses in the month of April will receive their vaccine card seals on July 12 to 23 at the Century Hall of the Quezon City Memorial Circle.

Priority will be given to those with pending domestic or international travel.

Residents and authorized representatives of a bedridden, senior citizen or family member must bring a valid ID when processing the tamper-proof seals.

Belmonte also urged business establishments to take note of the seal-bearing vaccination cards presented to them as valid proof of authenticity, especially when this is presented together with a QCitizen ID or any valid ID.

“We need to promote the safety of everyone by providing other LGUs, airlines and commercial establishments with evidence of a person’s vaccination status. As we strive to revive the economy, our fully vaccinated QCitizens should be allowed to enjoy more perks for responding to our appeal for inoculation. Hopefully, when the vaccine supply stabilizes, everyone who wants one can get a jab,” she said.

Belmonte further said that the current system will continue until the national government begins implementing its centralized vaccination certification system.

The city government is also pushing for the immediate passage of an ordinance penalizing all vaccine-related fraud to deter people from selling vaccines or vaccination slots and falsifying vaccination cards.

Quezon City has so far administered 921,399 vaccine doses with 238,167 fully vaccinated citizens as of July 8. — Faith Yuen Wei Ragasa, trainee

EDV

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1457657/qc-adds-tamper-proof-seals-to-vaccine-cards#ixzz71vYJV0ue

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

short of calling the place where you got vaccinated

In BC, Canada the medical confidentiality laws will not allow you to call and confirm if a person has been vaccinated or even if your neighbor has covid.  We also have flimsy little cards, easy enough to forge if you wanted to and its all the proof you are gonna get from a Canadian . .  EXCEPT if the Canadian presented his International Vaccination Card to a public health nurse or doctor to be signed.  You see we have always had that yellow card to provide proof of vaccinations when flying to certain countries. Its just that few countries have asked to see it until this current pandemic.

Here's a pic of a generic one from the UK.  I could not be bothered to find my own and take a pic but I have one.  Don't the rest of you?

temp.jpg

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here's a pic of a generic one from the UK.  I could not be bothered to find my own and take a pic but I have one.  Don't the rest of you?

temp.jpg

Yes I have one, mine looks a bit different to that but the wording "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" is the same.

I probably should have taken it with me when I got my 2 Astra Zeneca shots but I didn't and as a result it doesn't have my AZ Covid vaccinations listed (pretty sure they have to note the batch number etc and do it at the time of administration so it's probably too late now).

IMG_2676.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I probably should have taken it with me when I got my 2 Astra Zeneca shots but I didn't and as a result it doesn't have my AZ Covid vaccinations listed (pretty sure they have to note the batch number etc and do it at the time of administration so it's probably too late now).

Got my paper- card vaxx I had to go back and ask them to put the batch number on. Now I need to put a mug shot of myself on the back just in case.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic