Balikbayan Questions/Advice

JCReed
Posted
Posted

Any suggestions on which country would be the most efficient for meeting up with my wife (unvaccinated/flight from Manila) for the purpose of coming into Manila under Balikbayan Program? I'm fully vaccinated coming from the U.S.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JCReed said:

Any suggestions

My first thought would be to have her fly to the states,,,get her a one shot jab then return, 2 birds with one stone. If she has a visa that is.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JCReed said:

(unvaccinated/flight from Manila)

JC I am not too sure that would be possible at this time JMHO my friend, By the way, remit of me but  Welcome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JCReed
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

JC I am not too sure that would be possible at this time JMHO my friend, By the way, remit of me but  Welcome.jpg

Thanks for the info...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JCReed said:

Any suggestions on which country would be the most efficient for meeting up with my wife (unvaccinated/flight from Manila) for the purpose of coming into Manila under Balikbayan Program? I'm fully vaccinated coming from the U.S.

Thailand is opening for the Philippines September 6.  Malaysia and Indonesia too.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/09/04/2124849/philippines-lift-travel-ban-10-countries-september-6?fbclid=IwAR0b6KpxoBpOZJsWbTq6fJlLZxrO-V8jFDrXv_EPylL6RkaNVRpfROyzcvc

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines will lift the restrictions imposed on travelers coming from 10 countries starting September 6, Malacañang announced on Saturday.

In a statement, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said that President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the recommendation of the pandemic task force to lift the ban on travelers coming from the following countries:

• India
  • Pakistan
  • Bangladesh
  • Sri Lanka
  • Nepal
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Oman
  • Thailand
  • Malaysia
  • Indonesia

The travel ban was implemented in a bid to ward off the hyper contagious Delta variant, which is now driving a surge in COVID-19 infections in the country.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Hong Kong ?

Certainly I've done a couple of Balikbayan runs there, with the Mrs... but pre-Covid (last one 2019).

Might be worth investigating. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Hong Kong ?

Certainly I've done a couple of Balikbayan runs there, with the Mrs... but pre-Covid (last one 2019).

Might be worth investigating. 

Requirements for someone living in the Philippines, or U.S, to arrive in Hong Kong!  Vaccination, pre-flight test and 21 days quarantine hotel and 6 tests during quarantine!  Worse than the Philippines!  They are calling it a Vaccine Bubble!

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html

Group A specified places
(High-risk)
Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, France, Greece, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Malaysia, Nepal, the Netherlands, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States of America
Persons applicable: Hong Kong residents who have stayed in Group A specified place(s) during the relevant period (the day of boarding for/arrival at Hong Kong or during the 21 days before that day) and who -

Have been fully vaccinated and hold recognised vaccination record
Boarding requirement:
  1. Present recognised vaccination record;
  2. Negative result proof of a PCR-based nucleic acid test for COVID-19 within 72 hours; and
  3. Confirmation of room reservation in a DQH for not less than 21 nights
Quarantine requirement:
  1. Undergo compulsory quarantine for 21 days in a designated quarantine hotel
  2. Undergo 6 tests during compulsory quarantine;
  3. Self-monitoring in the subsequent 7 days
  4. Compulsory testing on the 26th day of arrival at Hong Kong at any Community Testing Centre (CTC)

Better guide in PDF format:

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/concise_guide_vaccinated_travellers_ENG.pdf

• Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Thailand is opening for the Philippines September 6.  Malaysia and Indonesia too.

Both of them would be doing quarantine in Thailand. I believe that now both have to have an approved insurance policy to get into Thailand.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Assuming this info is still up to date

Can Filipino citizens travel abroad during COVID-19?
Filipino citizens are allowed to travel abroad, provided that they comply with the following conditions:

Have a roundtrip ticket
Purchase travel and health insurance coverage that covers potential costs (such as hospitalization, rebookings, and accommodation) incurred if stranded
Abide by the visa and immigration regulations of the receiving country
Complete a Declaration Form acknowledging the risks associated with traveling
Follow the Guidelines of Returning Overseas Filipinos issued by the National Task Force (NITF)

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2021 at 5:10 AM, JCReed said:

Just checking ... is your wife a US citizen?  If not... she is not a Balikbayan unless she was out of the country for at least a year.

https://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-privilege

1. Who are eligible under Balikbayan Program?

a. A Balikbayan, who may be either one of the following:

i.   A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year;

ii.  A Filipino overseas worker; 

iii. A former Filipino citizen and his family who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines. 

b. Immediate family members (spouse and children) of the Balikbayan, who are nationals of countries falling under EO 408, travelling together with the Balikbayan.