My non event covid vax

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

The outcome of that is that the Pfizer/Moderna RNA vaccines will probably need booster shots

Yes but new formulers on the way so maybe those who have the new wont need boosters. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2021 at 8:12 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

So I got a message last night for an appointment for today between 8 and 9 am. Head there early incase of crowds.Only about 10 people waiting for the place to open properly. GF talks to front desk and I soon figured out only Sinovac. Why did you not come in Monday or Wednesday, we had Astra and Pfizer, well I did not get a message for a start. So GF was given number of front desk staff and they will let her know when to come in, she also talked to l guess nurses coming to work and got another number. I wanted the number of the one on the right but stood silently. 

Anyway she explained to them that Sinovac is no good for me as I will need to travel out of the country but on this day thats all they had. Also I see a big sign at the entrance that walk ins accepted which they dont tell anyone about except for over 2 weeks ago they had a 2 day walk accepted to get things done.

At the door, woman taking temp had mask and shield sitting on her head. Two front desk staff just mask and no shield. Maybe over half inside had no shield so why bother. You would think in a place like that they would enforce these things.

I answered you on FB here is what I put and they took it down as offensive. I had sinovac I don`t see what the problem is grasshopper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2021 at 12:11 PM, hk blues said:

We got our 1st shot of Astra Zeneca 2 weeks ago.  We could have taken Sinovac weeks ago but had concerns over being accepted in the UK. 

I took the Sinovac as I have no plans to travel outside of the Philippines. 

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2021 at 10:12 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Anyway she explained to them that Sinovac is no good for me as I will need to travel out of the country but on this day that's all they had.

Yesterday, PM Morison announced Sinovac would be one of the vaccines that will let you into Australia. Australia will start international flying next month. State Premiers stating they will be the ones who come into their state and if. It will be under their terms. And you's reckon the PI's has a stuffed political system. :bonk::santa_trumpet: Bring it on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I took the Sinovac as I have no plans to travel outside of the Philippines. 

Yep.  We had set a deadline of end October for an alternative and, if no luck then we'd have quite happily taken Sinovac.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Clermont said:

Yesterday, PM Morison announced Sinovac would be one of the vaccines that will let you into Australia. Australia will start international flying next month.

That's fine but I have no intention of going to Australia. Anyway another 5 million Pfizer dose have been donated from the USA so must be a couple there for me somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It would have been nice if one of the conditions of donation was that citizens of the donating country were prioritised rather than everyone and their dog who happens to know someone at City Hall. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

no intention of going to Australia.

Your not wanted by the authorities, are you. :hystery:

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Your not wanted by the authorities, are you. :hystery:

Not that I know of but if I am going anywhere its just for a visa run to closest country.

• Haha 1