BI asks Filipinos to be patient in waiting for foreign partners

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Things may change again any time soon. Roque said members of the IATF-EID will meet Thursday afternoon to discuss the possible revisions to the eased restrictions for fully vaccinated travelers from green countries.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1156651?fbclid=IwAR0bNytTr7tqNbZdjFb_8dnj5Uiiqvm2UT-ELrpjJmU_eNuHZXtYk7UOSxY

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

Did you see that North Korea was on the green list :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

Millions of North Koreans just updated their bucket list to include a trip to the Philippines. :hystery:

• Haha 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 10/14/2021 at 6:05 AM, Old55 said:

This is a real step forward hopefully more relaxation of the lockdowns will soon follow.

I've just been watching on TV that NSW Australia is opening up it's boarders to foreign tourists with no hotel quarantining. From the 1 St of November visitors will be allowed into NSW if fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine. The Commonwealth has not commented on this move as yet but this is a big development for any person that wanted to travel out/ in Australia. I wont go as far as betting my left agate on it, but I reckon the PI's boarders will be open with no quarantine for tourist who are fully vaccinated before Christmas. :chickendance:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Clermont said:

I've just been watching on TV that NSW Australia is opening up it's boarders to foreign tourists with no hotel quarantining. From the 1 St of November visitors will be allowed into NSW if fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine. The Commonwealth has not commented on this move as yet but this is a big development for any person that wanted to travel out/ in Australia. I wont go as far as betting my left agate on it, but I reckon the PI's boarders will be open with no quarantine for tourist who are fully vaccinated before Christmas. :chickendance:

My reading of the current rules suggests that the NSW no hotel quarantine system allows for home quarantine so you need to either be a NSW resident or be staying in a house with a NSW residient (in which all household residents can also isolate).

That will alter and become easier on November 1st as you say.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

My reading of the new rules suggests that the NSW no hotel quarantine system allows for home quarantine so you need to either be a NSW resident or be staying in a house with a NSW residient (in which all household residents can also isolate).

No, clearly stated overseas visitor's and anyone returning with full quarantine do not have to quarantine, give it a couple of hours and the other state premiers will start whining and it will become world news. :photo-109:

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Clermont said:

No, clearly stated overseas visitor's and anyone returning with full quarantine do not have to quarantine, give it a couple of hours and the other state premiers will start whining and it will become world news. :photo-109:

Scotty from marketing (Prime Minister) came out this afternoon and stated overseas visitors (tourists) would still not be allowed in but it does apply to Australian nationals, family and residents.  Perhaps the NSW premier jumped the gun a little. Nevertheless, still a step in the right direction I reckon.  

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

(Prime Minister) came out this afternoon and stated overseas visitors (tourists) would still not be allowed in but it does apply to Australian nationals, family and residents. 

Yeah i heard that and I take my hat off to the NSW premier for forcing everyone's hand on their dithering around, pity more premier's didn't have his guts. Once you've got the vaccine rate up, anyone that doesn't want a vaccine your choice Bro, I don't want to live in a cocoon. PI's here we come.  :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

I don't want to live in a cocoon.

The world is IMHO is fast being separated into two camps. Those who are saying if you dont get the jab you are on your own, the rest of us are moving on, and those who say, we must take care of you no matter what. 

• Like 5

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scott h said:

The world is IMHO is fast being separated into two camps. Those who are saying if you dont get the jab you are on your own, the rest of us are moving on, and those who say, we must take care of you no matter what. 

I would suggest that I'd fit into the group that says "once everyone has had the chance to get the jab you're on your own" which is slightly different. 

It is true that everyone in most first world countries has had the chance to get jabbed (children aside for most of whom the risk is very low) but that isn't the case in many middle income countries like the Philippines (and is true in almost no low income countries).

So as much as I'd love to be able to return to the Philippines (and I would!) I undertand their attempts to contain the virus using social restrictions.

However once that issue is dealt with I'm definitely in the moving on group.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I would suggest that I'd fit into the group that says "once everyone has had the chance to get the jab you're on your own" which is slightly different.

Agreed, you just have a better way with word :thumbsup: 

IMHO once a population is either Jabbed or has had the opportunity to get jabbed, it is not so much the worry about spreading infection but that of health care availability and its cost....if someone made me world emperor if a country can demand a tourist show that they have a return ticket, they can demand that a tourist show proof of medical insurance. (I truly miss our vacations in Australia as you can tell :hystery:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1