Jump to content

Can unvaccinated enter PI as a tourist at the moment?


Recommended Posts

Hi men, I'm essentially fleeing the increasing covid oppression in Australia because I've chosen not to vax my son and I.

My plan has been to go mexico but everything is in flux and now that mission needs a contingency.

Philippines is our Plan B and so gathering some intel (traveling with my 18y son)

Is it possible to enter philippines at the moment unvaxxed on a tourist visa?

And if yes, is it still possible to get extensions if unvaxxed?

Thanks,
Granite

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Old55 said:

You and your son will not be allowed on any flight with out proof of vaccination. No country will allow unvaccinated individuals entry.

Thank you but this is incorrect and therefore I assume unresearched conjecture.

Is there anyone who actually know the rules for Philippines? Their official govt website says its still possible if do the 2-stage quarantine process.... I'm wondering if anyone on here has first hand experience.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hearing that tourism might be allowed again in early 2022 for fully vaccinated travellers. Also heard from other sources that mandatory traveller’s health insurance could be required. This could be a deal breaker for people over say 60ish with health issues. Has anyone here heard anything about this?

 

 

Edited by Lou49
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
8 minutes ago, Lou49 said:

I am hearing that tourism might be allowed again in early 2022 for fully vaccinated travellers. Also heard from other sources that mandatory traveller’s health insurance could be required. This could be a deal breaker for people over say 60ish with health issues. Has anyone here heard anything about this?

 

 

 

 

that proof of health insurance might be mandatory. This could be a deal breaker for anyone over say 60ish with any health issues.

I have not heard or read anything that says health insurance will be required.  But I suppose it might happen.  That being said medical/hospital care here is on a cash or insurance only basis.  If you don't have insurance you will definately want to have a ready source of cash or a credit with an adequate supply of credit.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, granite said:

Thank you but this is incorrect and therefore I assume unresearched conjecture.

Is there anyone who actually know the rules for Philippines? Their official govt website says its still possible if do the 2-stage quarantine process.... I'm wondering if anyone on here has first hand experience.

The Bureau of Immigration website gives an up to-date list of requirements. In short zero foreign tourists for the foreseable future.  Any dates of possible opening are purely guess work and even if made official can change within days.

Using an experienced opinion if they do open it will only be to double vaccinated foreigners as the Government are pretty much making it a requirement to be vaccinated even for their own people. Currently they are making it compulsory for public utility vehicle drivers and are making it legal that companies can refuse to employ non vaccinated people.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well for my 9a visa (recently approved) they required proof of vaccination. 

It states on the BI FB page that a digital version of proof of vaccination is required upon entry as well as a booking in an accredited quarantine hotel for 5 days. 

At any rate, only Philippine nationals or those married to (the case for me) or the parent of a national are allowed to enter at this stage.  I believe the 2 stage quarantine you speak of is for Philippine nationals only.   

So no, you as a foreigner, cannot enter the Philippines.   

Just because you want something to be true does not make it so. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3
  • Love it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, granite said:

Is it possible to enter philippines at the moment unvaxxed on a tourist visa?

1) It is not currently possible to legally get on any commercial plane flying out of Australia (or to go through customs) without being double vaccinated or holding an approved exemption.

2) The Philippines are only accepting double vaccinated people and are not currently accepting tourists at all (no idea when this will change).

I honestly think you're going to be staying in Australia.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have not heard or read anything that says health insurance will be required.  But I suppose it might happen.

 

Australia are currently looking at requiring travel insurance for people wanting to leave Australia, not sure if it's happening yet.  That's possibly what the OP was talking about, however to the best of my knowledge all of those require double vaccination proof in order to purchase.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...