Condos that allow medium sized dogs

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/25/2021 at 11:31 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have walked many areas of Cebu at all hours of the day and night and do not recall anyone ever walking their dog along the way.  I wonder why that is.

Well you have not walked IT park at night or day before covid. Many Filipinos walk their dogs. Mostly designer breeds. Many bring into restaurants which I hate. About 6 months ago some woman had her dog in a restaurant in a pram where I was.

Now my guess these dog walkers like to show off and are more financially secure than those who keep a dog in a cage 24/7. Oddly enough most of these designer dogs are not train to walk on a leash.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well you have not walked IT park at night or day before covid. Many Filipinos walk their dogs.

That is interesting.  The only accomodation I recall from IT park are condos and yet the condos do not allow animals.  Where are these Filipino dog owners coming from?  Do the drive to IT park just to walk their dog?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Oddly enough most of these designer dogs are not train to walk on a leash.

A lot of the blame should go to Paris Hilton.  I get angry every time I see a dog being used as a "fashion accessory".  :bash:   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
KenM
Posted
Posted

There are condos that are starting to allow dogs. Some like the one being built by the mall only allows small dogs. I'm still researching this. There certainly aren't many but I think the developers are starting to catch onto the fact that there is a market for dog lovers. Solinea allows all dogs. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2021 at 1:08 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is interesting.  The only accomodation I recall from IT park are condos and yet the condos do not allow animals.  Where are these Filipino dog owners coming from?  Do the drive to IT park just to walk their dog?

Back then lots of people would come from all over for restaurants or to just hang out in the park and perhaps more so pretend to bringing the dogs for exercise so they can show off. I dont know how they got here but I did see a helicopter landing once.

I still see a few in the mall, beats me why they allow dogs in the mall but have not seen many walking dogs for awhile.

• Like 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I've only seen small dogs in restaurants and malls, they must be in a dog stroller or have a diaper on.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Heeb said:

I've only seen small dogs in restaurants and malls, they must be in a dog stroller or have a diaper on.

Not here over the road at Ayala. Sign says from memory, must be on a leash.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not here over the road at Ayala. Sign says from memory, must be on a leash.

I think he meant in the dog stroller (pram) or on a leash with diapers.  Those methods seemed to be allowed at all the malls now.

In our local malls we were mainly seeing the diapered small dogs but a few prams are showing up.  People can't take their kids to the malls but they can take dogs.  In fact, at two malls here they now have indoor dog play places.  Pay X pesos and run them around the little obstacles, etc.  At Ayala Harbor Point they used to have a similar outdoor area for free, but I'm not sure if it is still there.

We spend the New Year in BGC and they are dog crazy there.  New Years Eve we went to High Street open air mall and there must have been a hundred dogs there.  Lots of large breeds too.  There was one main area that seemed to be a dog owner meet and greet area.  High Street is really nice if you get a chance to visit BGC.

Our BGC AirBnB was in a very nice high rise on the 17th floor.  I saw a couple of small breed dogs in the elevators so I assume they are allowed.

We saw quite a few of the prams in the malls in BGC too.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, OnMyWay said:

New Years Eve we went to High Street open air mall and there must have been a hundred dogs there.  Lots of large breeds too. 

I wonder when they go home if the dogs are locked in a small cage for the rest of the day.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I wonder when they go home if the dogs are locked in a small cage for the rest of the day.

I doubt it.  These dogs in BGC are mostly very clean and good looking purebreds, and the owners are probably on the higher end of the income scale.  Thus, they probably have help to take care of them when needed.

We have a new problem with barking dogs.  I'm trying to handle it delicately.  The house behind us was abandoned for many years.  SBMA sometimes gives old houses (under long term lease) to management of a certain level, as a perk, and then the employee uses their own money to fix it up.

We were happy when they gave the house behind us to a manager in the building permit department.  I have met him a few times and he a nice enough guy.  But then a month or two ago he puts two young dogs in his backyard, in one of those big dog cages.  Typical Filipino style.  Doesn't seem like they every go out of the cage and they bark all day, especially when we go out in the back.  They have gotten a bit better in the last week or so, probably getting used to seeing us.  I still don't like dogs locked up like that.

They do enforce barking and mistreatment here.  Just yesterday a woman complained in our FB group and posted a video of a large dog that was barking and not being cared for.  LED was there within the day, talking to the owner.

• Like 2