Some US to Philippines flight bargains out there now.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Skyscanner is my goto website as well... I've used expedia and booking.com sometimes too.

Geoff, you may have been the one who suggested skyscanner to us. There was a great thread on airline tickets here about two years ago.

Things are so unpredictable not sure if I'll go this year or not. My wife will go once more virus or no virus. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Geoff, you may have been the one who suggested skyscanner to us. There was a great thread on airline tickets here about two years ago.

Things are so unpredictable not sure if I'll go this year or not. My wife will go once more virus or no virus. 

Maybe?  It does ring a faint bell (the memory isn't what it used to be).

I'm still holding out hope for this year to go back haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Maybe?  It does ring a faint bell (the memory isn't what it used to be).

I'm still holding out hope for this year to go back haha

Me too! Poor memory and I had hoped to spend at least three months in Philippines this year. Not so sure that's gonna happen.

• Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I know it’s about flights from the USA to the Philippines, but trying to get a flight from the uk is difficult too well that’s unless you have the funds just to pay what they ask  you to pay.

We have paid for return flights over the years anything from £450 to £650 each ,and that was not direct but just one easy stop over , now try to find a flight that cheap again , they are out there but with 2 , 3 or even more stop over and hours put onto the flight time .

We have just had friends fly out and there cost was nearly £1900 each for a return flight using Cathy pacific ,I would never pay that sort of money, but still hopeful that one day we can travel again to the Philippines 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, skippyscage said:

try looking at United Airlines via Guam - Guam to Manila is a milk-run service, due to the high population of Filipinos in Guam and rarely cancels - it's close to an every-other-day service.

I've used it twice routing US mainland-HNL-GUM-MNL - UAL cancels less than PAL, plus only the last flight is technically International.

Cathy Pacific generally publishes daily flights, but a high % are freight only and pax booked get cancelled also.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time. We are committed to PAL at the moment.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

I know it’s about flights from the USA to the Philippines, but trying to get a flight from the uk is difficult too well that’s unless you have the funds just to pay what they ask  you to pay.

We have paid for return flights over the years anything from £450 to £650 each ,and that was not direct but just one easy stop over , now try to find a flight that cheap again , they are out there but with 2 , 3 or even more stop over and hours put onto the flight time .

We have just had friends fly out and there cost was nearly £1900 each for a return flight using Cathy pacific ,I would never pay that sort of money, but still hopeful that one day we can travel again to the Philippines 

This is about any flights Steve. I was just using my search as an example. :cheersty:

Yes, trying to find a direct flight cheap is not easy. One of the cheapest flights we found was SEA to SFO to SIN to CEB!!! So many stops and the hours!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

I bought my airfare last week. Lax to Singapore to Cebu leaving Feb 22 for $1250. Returning March 20th.

Getting PCR covid tested 48hrs before the flight is gonna be a bish.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, russellmania said:

Lax to Singapore to Cebu leaving Feb 22 for $1250

Can you tell me what site you booked with, please.

Joey G
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Can you tell me what site you booked with, please.

https://www.singaporeair.com/flightsearch/searchFlight.form#/booking

Singapore Airlines has it... thats R/T... 

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, russellmania said:

I bought my airfare last week. Lax to Singapore to Cebu leaving Feb 22 for $1250. Returning March 20th.

Getting PCR covid tested 48hrs before the flight is gonna be a bish.

I did mine at a CVS pharmacy (drive thru testing, no cost) and had the results back in about 18 hours. It was accepted by PAL and BOQ . I don’t know what time your flight leaves LAX, but you can get tested there as well ….. results back in 3-5 hours, but it’s not cheap:

The laboratory offers a standard PCR test (nasal-swab Polymerase Chain Reaction) for $125 with results returned within 24 hours, or $175 for priority results in 3-5 hours. Rapid PCR tests with results in 90 minutes are available for $199. Antigen tests are offered at the Tom Bradley International Terminal and at Terminal 6 daily with results available in 1-hour for a cost of $80.

https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely#VaccSite