Some US to Philippines flight bargains out there now.

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2022 at 6:57 PM, Old55 said:

Geoff, you may have been the one who suggested skyscanner to us. There was a great thread on airline tickets here about two years ago.

Things are so unpredictable not sure if I'll go this year or not. My wife will go once more virus or no virus. 

Yep, we discussed Skyscanner a while ago. I used it to book all of my wife's PI internal airfare. Painless.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Joey G said:

Singapore Airlines has it... thats R/T... 

Thank you.  I was excited until I realized you are paying with US dollars and I pay with CDN dollars.  We had that price before, about $1,600 RT CDN.  But the flight to Singapore only is $1,000 CDN so I balked at paying the extra money to go between Singapore and Cebu.

But once again, thank you for the info.

• 4 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 2/8/2022 at 7:00 PM, russellmania said:

I bought my airfare last week. Lax to Singapore to Cebu leaving Feb 22 for $1250. Returning March 20th.

Getting PCR covid tested 48hrs before the flight is gonna be a bish.

I booked a similar flight at the same price, Vancouver to Singapore to Cebu and back leaving Mar 10. Returning April 7th

Now I just got an email from Singapore Airlines to say that "We regret to inform you that your booking for SQ8557, scheduled to depart from Cebu to Singapore on 07 Apr 2022 at 14:45, has been cancelled."

A check of the Scoot flight schedule show that flight is still available but "subject to regulatory approval".  Kinda throws my whole return trip up in the air but we will work something out.

Have you had any similar email about the leg from Cebu to Singapore being cancelled?  I wonder what regulatory approval they cannot get.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2022 at 8:49 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I booked a similar flight at the same price, Vancouver to Singapore to Cebu and back leaving Mar 10. Returning April 7th

Now I just got an email from Singapore Airlines to say that "We regret to inform you that your booking for SQ8557, scheduled to depart from Cebu to Singapore on 07 Apr 2022 at 14:45, has been cancelled."

It gets worse.  I asked my travel agent to work around that cancelled leg and the only response was that Singapore Airlines decided to cancel our entire booking.  That leaves us with 5 days before departure and no flight.  Screw them!  I booked with Philippine Airlines and paid the extra.

So that becomes a "DO NOT RECOMMEND" for Flight Networks and Singapore Airlines.  It could happen to you!

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave. 

My wife and son will visit Cebu early July. She is looking at Singapore but will wait until the end of the month because we expect (hope) more airlines will be flying then. Thinking EVA this trip.

I'm will remain here with my oldest son. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So that becomes a "DO NOT RECOMMEND" for Flight Networks and Singapore Airlines.  It could happen to you!

Makes me glad I didn't book with them!

I have had 2 changes to my flight from Sydney to Manila with QANTAS but nothing major, it's currently 30 minutes later in Sydney, relieved they didn't make it earlier though.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Makes me glad I didn't book with them!

I am guessing here, but Singapore recently started opening up to tourists and its a good bet that Singapore Airline is regretting selling off all those cheap fares now they can get good money for the seats.  So cancel the poor folk is the order of the day.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am guessing here, but Singapore recently started opening up to tourists and its a good bet that Singapore Airline is regretting selling off all those cheap fares now they can get good money for the seats.  So cancel the poor folk is the order of the day.

I would say the uncertainty of gov Gwens allowing non vaxed into Cebu plan and fights with IATF have left airlines confused and not wanting to take the risk to Cebu.

• Like 2