Airfares

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Just looked up airfares for end of April with PI airlines, $948 one way, their going to get out of the red or go bust with no customers. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

and you are on a widebody the whole way.

I prefer slim bodies, but hey….each to their own 🤣

All kidding aside, hope you and the family have a safe trip 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gator said:

hope you and the family have a safe trip 

I really need for things to loosen up some more.  It is crazy trying plan a holiday trip for a family of 5 at this point.

I was only thinking about France after I saw the low fare.  Now I see that France allows vaccinated tourists without other restrictions, but, the vaccinations must be within the past 9 months!  So we would need to get vaccinated again!  Some other countries have the 9 month rule too.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Clermont said:

Just looked up airfares for end of April with PI airlines, $948 one way, their going to get out of the red or go bust with no customers. :shock_40_anim_gif:

Not sure exactly where your departing from or where you intend to land but why use Philippines airlines When Singapore airlines have a cheaper price near end of April. (Melb to Cebu) Return is only about 450 AUD extra. 

I would rather fly Singapore air the Phil air.

Bris to Manila and return is AUD 855, economy but depends on what package you choose.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I really need for things to loosen up some more.  It is crazy trying plan a holiday trip for a family of 5 at this point.

I was only thinking about France after I saw the low fare.  Now I see that France allows vaccinated tourists without other restrictions, but, the vaccinations must be within the past 9 months!  So we would need to get vaccinated again!  Some other countries have the 9 month rule too.

Perhaps they mean you must have had a booster shot within the past 9 months? 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure exactly where your departing from or where you intend to land but why use Philippines airlines When Singapore airlines have a cheaper price near end of April. (Melb to Cebu) Return is only about 450 AUD extra. 

I would rather fly Singapore air the Phil air.

Bris to Manila and return is AUD 855, economy but depends on what package you choose.

Other than PAL Singapore Air is the cheapest we see from the US west coast now. Hopefully late March there will be other choices.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Singapore Air is the cheapest we see

It is also the cheapest we see, just north of you.

Lyn and I had a discussion last night.  The choice is to fly direct to the Philippines on Philippine Airlines (15 hours there and 13 back) or to fly Singapore Air to SIN and then MAN (about 35 hours each way).  The question is whether it is worth saving $2000 to travel the 35 hour trip rather than the 15 hour trip.   We both agreed we would regret saving the money after all that travel time.  So we are still undecided.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is also the cheapest we see, just north of you.

Lyn and I had a discussion last night.  The choice is to fly direct to the Philippines on Philippine Airlines (15 hours there and 13 back) or to fly Singapore Air to SIN and then MAN (about 35 hours each way).  The question is whether it is worth saving $2000 to travel the 35 hour trip rather than the 15 hour trip.   We both agreed we would regret saving the money after all that travel time.  So we are still undecided.

If you could convince Lyn to wait until the end of March there should be many more choices.

We were looking at the 10 hour layover at SIN could get some sleep at the airport hotel. I've been doing that at Inchon the past several trips.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yeah be careful of the trap, yanky $, Brisbane to Manila and like I've said before, the wife's Filipino and PI airlines is her airlines of choice. :whatever: I have to follow her as it's a Balikbayan visa well be using. 

Don't worry, I haven't checked out the domestic air travel prices yet. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

could get some sleep at the airport hotel.

Read the fine print very carefully.  I have been trying to figure it out.  Looks like transit passengers have to stay in one area and cannot use lounges or hotels during this period of covid.  Like you, I would be fine if they would let us get a hotel room.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1