Airfares

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Read the fine print very carefully.  I have been trying to figure it out.  Looks like transit passengers have to stay in one area and cannot use lounges or hotels during this period of covid.  Like you, I would be fine if they would let us get a hotel room.

The airport transit hotels are within the secure transit area and their only customers are transit customers, so I assume if they are open, you can get a room.  Let us know what you find out.

https://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-guide/facilities-and-services/transit-hotels.html

Right now, Clark/Singapore/LAX is our cheapest option, but the layover is 22 hours!  I won't do it unless we can leave the terminal and spend the day in Singapore.  I don't think that is allowed right now.  My wife has a niece in Singapore.

We used the transit hotel in Inchon and it worked out well, pre-covid.  8 hour layover and 6 hours in the hotel.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Clermont said:

Yeah be careful of the trap, yanky $, Brisbane to Manila

No, my prices were in AUD not US dollars. Might be because I was logged in but cant recall. SA website is down for maintenance at the time of this post so cant get a screenshot.

19 hours ago, Clermont said:

the wife's Filipino and PI airlines is her airlines of choice.

Beats me, I read the other day they have the reputation of jamming in the most seats on a plane and plan to make changes to add more seats. Must be cramped.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The airport transit hotels are within the secure transit area and their only customers are transit customers, so I assume if they are open, you can get a room.  Let us know what you find out

I have booked a room.  It will be a few weeks before I get there and find out if I can actually get to and stay in the room.  Their site says that people from "level 4" countries and a few others cannot leave the containment area.  But it says Canada is a level 2 country so that should mean I am good.  That plus paying $400 a stay for 2 stays.  Ouch.  Still loads cheaper than Phil Air though.

• Like 4