Travel insurance now required

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimdones said:

Just buy an insurance that covers you for $35k or more and isn't outright fake. I highly doubt there's much more to it.

Any further details please i.e. which company offers this?

• Like 3

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cigna Global offers worldwide expat insurance. If you buy the most basic setup then it isn't expensive. It covers inpatient which is obviously what any gov is concerned about (up to about $1m per year coverage).

Obvious disclaimer - I am not affiliated and am not insured by them. Please do report your experience if you go ahead and sign up with them (I don't trust trustpilot reviews hehe).

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, jimdones said:

Cigna Global offers worldwide expat insurance. If you buy the most basic setup then it isn't expensive. It covers inpatient which is obviously what any gov is concerned about (up to about $1m per year coverage).

Obvious disclaimer - I am not affiliated and am not insured by them. Please do report your experience if you go ahead and sign up with them (I don't trust trustpilot reviews hehe).

Thanks, appreciate the update.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

Found a source that says they cover covid.   Be advised that I am NOT (as a member or mod of the forum) endorsing or recommending this coverage.    A quick read shows it would meet the requirements.   I did not request a quote.  If anyone does request a quote please post your experience, their reply, and the cost.  Thanks.

https://www.axa.com.ph/travel-insurance

Edit - appear this only works where the origin of the trip is the Philippines.

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Here is a Forbes web page that shows companies that sell travel insurance that covers covid.  I have not researched any of the companies it lists.  If I take time out from my "doing nothing important schedule" I might take a further look. :tongue:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/best-pandemic-travel-insurance/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

I guess those that are longer term can always join PhilHealth - 15k per annum for SRRV holders and 17k for all other foreign nationals.  

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/news/2017/expands_coverage.html

Old article (2017) so the prices may have changed. 

17K is correct as that is what Chris pays. As for srrv I have no idea.

• Like 1

KC813
Posted
Posted

My very quick and limited search from the US found nothing less then $550, and that was for coverage of US$250k without trip interruption.  I know there must be some very limited policies out there form much less $$$.

However, I wonder if policies really exist for as low as the IATF claims?  From a CNN-Philippines article:

IATF spokesperson Karlo Nograles said on Friday that foreign nationals from countries where visas are not required to enter the Philippines may travel to the country for business or tourism purposes provided that they “obtain, prior to arrival, a travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment costs from reputable insurers, with a minimum coverage of USD 35,000.00 for the duration of their stay."  Nograles said the premium paid to some insurers that provide that coverage can be around P1,000 to P2,000.

This may be like hunting for a unicorn.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, KC813 said:

Nograles said the premium paid to some insurers that provide that coverage can be around P1,000 to P2,000.

Has anyone emailed him to get the link off him ?:whistling:

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Okay - could not stand the challenge of finding something even though I have zero plans of traveling.

Requested a quote and received 93 "results".   29 of those say they will cover covid.  

Click the URL to show the results for the trip details I entered.    

My "trip" that I will NOT be taking, done for research only.  Age 71, destination Philippines, citizen USA, travel dates 4/4/22 to 4/25/22, no coverage for trip cancellation.  Note - none of these cover trip cancel due to covid.   Hope this helps.  

AGAIN - I am not recommending any of these and you would need to do the questionnaire for your age and trip details.!!!!! 

https://www.squaremouth.com/quotes/62C0-3CC9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimdones said:

Thank you Jim for the recommendation and assurance Cigna Global will cover any health coverage issues we may have living in or visiting Philippines. :popcorn:

It also allows hair to regrow and over four hours of.....

I have medicare am researching if this would meet the requirements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2