Travel insurance now required

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Disclaimer to this image, that I have no affiliation with this company.

It is the best I could find.

Who at immigration decides if something is reputable and I hope they know what unlimited means.

F91F3F0A-1C1A-4A5B-BFD7-7B4C486C9C18.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What happened to the law passed years ago where a hospital must treat you and can not hold you hostage? 

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1007289

What happened? Same as many other "laws" in Philippines all talk no substance.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jimeve said:

I'm registered on my wife's phil account as a dependent before 2016, so it's free for me.:thumbsup: She just pays 3,700 P for both of us:dance:

Yes Jim I am covered on my wife`s as well. If you have been enrolled/registered before a certain date you are covered but if you start now you would have to have your own cover with Phillhealth. I have been included since 2012, it is well worth having even if you have to pay the higher rate of 17k.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I just bought a policy with Covermore who I've used before, they now cover Covid-19 (but not trip cancellation as a result of catching it)  http://covermore.com.au

The web page that talks about Covid-19 is here https://www.covermore.com.au/travel-insurance/benefits/covid-19

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 2/4/2022 at 5:31 PM, Old55 said:

I have medicare am researching if this would meet the requirements.

Medicare doesn't but perhaps an advantage plan you pay extra for would.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Filipina friend of my wife contacted a Philippines Consulate here in the US asking about insurance. They said a Filipino Citizen and her foreigner husband and children DON"T require covid health insurance to visit Philippines.

I've asked for a copy or partial copy of the email. Without viewing that email I doubt it's true. 

My wife will email them with this question later tonight.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

Filipina friend of my wife contacted a Philippines Consulate here in the US asking about insurance. They said a Filipino Citizen and her foreigner husband and children DON"T require covid health insurance to visit Philippines.

I've asked for a copy or partial copy of the email. Without viewing that email I doubt it's true. 

My wife will email them with this question later tonight.

Yes, that needs to be in officially in writing when you go to the airline check in!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

Maybe the  question should be... IF it isn't required for my foreigner husband and children...  Why did IATF Resolution No. 160-B say....  "All arriving visitors must be able to present travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment costs from reputed insurers, with a minimum coverage of $35,000 (about P1.75 million) for the duration of their stay in the Philippines."  ???

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Maybe the  question should be... IF it isn't required for my foreigner husband and children...  Why did IATF Resolution No. 160-B say....  "All arriving visitors must be able to present travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment costs from reputed insurers, with a minimum coverage of $35,000 (about P1.75 million) for the duration of their stay in the Philippines."  ???

My thoughts as well Joey.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A copy from BI Facebook page;

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2