Another Change. 90 day 9A visa now

The Carabao Whisperer
Posted
Posted

I interpret it as people need to use the 9A visa in 90 days to enter the Philippines, which was already the case.

I think OP posted  the same on a  facebook group and than some one quoted him in a dutch expat group worried that he could only stay 90Days.

the text "The palace has approved a 90 day 9A visa now" doesn't mean the same as 

has allowed the entry of arrivals with a valid single-entry 9A visa with a 90-day validity.

i think they mean that people with a 9a visa have 90 days to enter the Philippines 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

i think they mean that people with a 9a visa have 90 days to enter the Philippines 

I would say you are correct.

The applicable fees for a tourist visa are as follows:

Single entry valid for three (3) months: US$30.00

Multiple entry valid for (6) months US$60.00

Multiple entry valid for twelve (12) months $90.00

NOTE: The authorized maximum period of stay granted by the Philippine Consulate to all temporary visitor’s visa applicants is fifty-nine (59) days. If the applicant will stay beyond 59 days in the Philippines, an application for extension of stay must be filed at the Bureau of Immigration in Manila, or the Immigration office nearest to the place where the applicant is temporarily residing.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

NOTE: The authorized maximum period of stay granted by the Philippine Consulate to all temporary visitor’s visa applicants is fifty-nine (59) days. If the applicant will stay beyond 59 days in the Philippines, an application for extension of stay must be filed at the Bureau of Immigration in Manila, or the Immigration office nearest to the place where the applicant is temporarily residing.

Correct, but when applying for my visa that note was nowhere to be seen the embassy’s website. When I applied for my visa I requested a 12 month multi-entry, but was issued a single entry valid for a 90 period that began a few days before my flight. I included a money order for 90$ and the 60$ difference was returned to me (cash stapled to the receipt). 

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Gator said:

Correct, but when applying for my visa that note was nowhere to be seen the embassy’s website. When I applied for my visa I requested a 12 month multi-entry, but was issued a single entry valid for a 90 period that began a few days before my flight. I included a money order for 90$ and the 60$ difference was returned to me (cash stapled to the receipt). 

Exactly the same thing happened to me with regards to the duration/multi type. And yes, they refunded the difference. But mine is only valid for a 59 day stay. 

Edit: I see what you mean, 90 days to enter. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm seeing some mixed up answers from the main Immigration Facebook site messenger. As of just over 30 mins ago, 16:50hrs Filipino time they have replied no extensions, yes extend as normal and the final one cancelling the extend as normal and await instructions from the IATF.  I for one thought the FDA and BI controlled entry to the Philippines.

Possum
Posted
Posted

My daughter is planning to come from the USA the last of June to visit. She has been here before and plans to stay until August or September before going back to school in the EU. It is not clear from what I see if she can be issued a visitor visa on arrival and then extend for a month at a time until she leaves. I have asked the local immigration officials and they said they "think so."  Any information would be appreciated.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Greglm said:

I have asked the local immigration officials and they said they "think so." 

Their comment is probably because the top authorities change the rules frequently.  So as the rules stand today they think so.  Could change by then, though.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm seeing some mixed up answers from the main Immigration Facebook site messenger. As of just over 30 mins ago, 16:50hrs Filipino time they have replied no extensions, yes extend as normal and the final one cancelling the extend as normal and await instructions from the IATF.  I for one thought the FDA and BI controlled entry to the Philippines.

If they dont allow extensions then how will tourism recover as thats what they say they want. How does the IATF control immigration law anyway? Going back several years I posted where there was no need for 6 month validity on a passport anymore as they did away with that but the IATF seems to have brought it back.

Seems to me when one body of people is given authority to save the nation from a pandemic they also control everything. 

Next they will want plastic barriers on motorbikes. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If they dont allow extensions then how will tourism recover as thats what they say they want.

I think they are aiming for the South Korean, Japanese, Chinese (if they are ever open up again) and other leisure tourists. The tourist that fills up the 5-10,000 peso a night hotel room on Boracay, eat out at restaurants, go on Banana boat rides, buy those silly toy jeepnies and get henna tattoos on the beach. 

The only "tourists" that would most likely extend their 30 day visas are those kids on backpack journeys and they hardly spend money anyway.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, scott h said:

The only "tourists" that would most likely extend their 30 day visas are those kids on backpack journeys and they hardly spend money anyway.

But what they do spend is welcome in that area of tourism, the area where mama and papa rent out a room in their house. My Belgian friend had such a place and there were a few more around Dalaguete in Cebu.

• Like 3