Another Change. 90 day 9A visa now

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

My Belgian friend had such a place and there were a few more around Dalaguete in Cebu.

What you say is true Sonjack, but your friend does not employ thousands nor probably pays a hefty amount in taxes (and he probably doesn't have a friend at the IATF :571c66d400c8c_1(103): to listen to him) . 

The government is just worried about the low hanging fruit now,,,not saying its right just the way they are probably thinking

Gator
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, scott h said:

What you say is true Sonjack, but your friend does not employ thousands nor probably pays a hefty amount in taxes (and he probably doesn't have a friend at the IATF :571c66d400c8c_1(103): to listen to him) . 

The government is just worried about the low hanging fruit now,,,not saying its right just the way they are probably thinking

Agree. Plus I don’t see a mad rush of tourists coming to the Phil’s just yet anyhow. Nightclubs and bars are still closed. With perhaps the exception of in the provinces, the bars (at least in Angeles) are not permitted to serve alcohol.

In addition, when many tourists return back to their own countries they are still required to quarantine. For instance, depending on the region, China is 14 to 21 days even for Chinese nationals. Korea is 10 days home quarantine for returning nationals. I’m sure they’re much more strict about enforcement of their quarantine rules then the Phils was / is when it comes to home quarantines. So I don’t see a Korean office worker taking a week off to come here only to return home and then be confined to quarters for another 10 days. I doubt they would waste that much vacation time (if they even get that much) just to travel to the Philippines for a week. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

The only "tourists" that would most likely extend their 30 day visas are

are people from North America who think the Philippines is a feck of a long way to go if you cannot stay for more than 30 days.  North american tourists I have known frequently stay for 6 to 8 weeks.  I did 8 weeks my first time there.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

North american tourists I have known frequently stay for 6 to 8 weeks.  I did 8 weeks my first time there.

Did you or they spend that 6-8 weeks at a resort hotel and eat out on the economy on a daily basis Dave? Or did you or they stay with friends or relatives, or maybe even rent a B@B or a condo for a short time?

What I am trying to express here is that the target audience of the Department of Tourism is not the relatively few low budget, possibly long staying "tourists". But rather as Gator has aptly said, the middle/upper class resort type costumers. 

• Like 4