Ph vax cert before 7th Feb 2022 now no use.

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Peaceful John said:

My friends, make sure you have ample time when you start this process.  In other words, don't wait until the last minute before you travel as there are many glitches in this system that cause delays.  It took me almost 2 months to get the updated VaxCert with the frustration peaking out numerous times.  In short, you must get your local health office (where ever you received your shot) to "upload" your shot file/record to a common system so the VaxCert office (system) in Manila can do their magic and enable you to receive the email so you can print your new card.  In my case, it took 3+ weeks to get them to do the upload; then, when it still didn't show up, I went through the process of finding each mistake made by the person typing the file in at my local health office.  First, they had by birthday wrong, then they misspelled my last name, then they didn't put a space between my first name and middle name, and finally, they put that I was a Sr instead of Jr, which is correct.  In each instance, it caused my file to not show up for the office in Manila and they could not locate it.  Everything must be exactly correct or it disappears into unknown space.:bonk:  I would recommend, if possible, to verify your file entry at your local health office, and again, don't wait until the last minute.  Hopefully, everyone else experience is/was much smoother than mine and that I was just an exception.  Good luck to you. :cheersty:

john

So where did you travel to with the vaxcert and who needed it? 

Edited by Gas

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

Why is it going to cause so much drama? I still don't see the need for the vaxcertph as it is not needed for domestic or international travel. 

The only people who seem to think its important are the computer shops with card printing facilities, as they can charge you 100 or more for a credit size card.

Currently to board any domestic flight you need to produce proof of vaccination. For many they got vaccinated in the Philippines and as such got the Philippine vax cert.  Also ports, malls, taxis and public transport in many areas require proof. You might get away with a taxi, mall or bus flashing an out of date cert but at the airport and certainly Caticlan Jetty port they scan it. If it doesn't scan you require an RT-PCR negative test. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Currently to board any domestic flight you need to produce proof of vaccination. For many they got vaccinated in the Philippines and as such got the Philippine vax cert.  Also ports, malls, taxis and public transport in many areas require proof. You might get away with a taxi, mall or bus flashing an out of date cert but at the airport and certainly Caticlan Jetty port they scan it. If it doesn't scan you require an RT-PCR negative test. 

Yes i know you need proof of vaccination. as i travel on a regular basis throughout the country, as i still work.  My point is the locally issued vaccination card is just as good as the vaxcert. I have flown and sailed in the last two weeks and i used my locally issued vaccination card without any problems. 

Actually as you pointed out there was a time when they didn't even accept the vaxcert, as they wanted to see the original issued by the local health unit. 

Edited by Gas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

When I flew from Clark last week to Cebu I didn’t notice anyone’s vax card being scanned. In fact, passengers were only required to show proof of vaccination at the entrance to the airport and that was it. Was also told to scan the Traze QR code before entering and that was the last time for that one too. 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

When I flew from Clark last week to Cebu I didn’t notice anyone’s vax card being scanned. In fact, passengers were only required to show proof of vaccination at the entrance to the airport and that was it. Was also told to scan the Traze QR code before entering and that was the last time for that one too. 

Obviously usual Filipino organisation. Mine got scanned 3 times between Manila and Boracay but at no time was the Traze App used even though I had it. Craziest thing was it was scanned before entering the plane and on landing. At Caticlan we all had to line up stretching from the runway into the arrIval lounge where it was scanned again then finally at the jetty port. 

• Like 2

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 2/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, Gas said:

So where did you travel to with the vaxcert and who needed it? 

Gas, I'm traveling to my home in Hawaii to visit mom and sis, and get my annual (2 years late :shock_40_anim_gif:) medical  and prescription refills.  I have had to delay my travel 3 times so far and now I'm shooting for March 10th. :thumbsup:  My wife will stay behind this time as I don't trust the system enough for both of us to be gone at the same time.  I.E. getting stuck away from the kids.  It is my understanding that VaxCert is not required in the US, but will be accepted if that's what you have.  The absolute requirement of VaxCert is a Philippines thing, but again, this is my understanding so check the place you are traveling too to be sure.  In Hawaii, it's not "required".

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Hands up here, I had never even heard of the VaxCert until Snowy opened this topic.  That shows how much it is needed around here - at least in iloilo. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Hands up here, I had never even heard of the VaxCert until Snowy opened this topic.  That shows how much it is needed around here - at least in iloilo. 

On Boracay I've had to show it to enter Palawan Express and you won't get on or off the island without it as they scan it before you can purchase a boat ticket.  Same to get on a 2Go ferry and with Cebu Pacific domestic flights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

On Boracay I've had to show it to enter Palawan Express and you won't get on or off the island without it as they scan it before you can purchase a boat ticket.  Same to get on a 2Go ferry and with Cebu Pacific domestic flights. 

I kinda understand it may be useful for transport between Islands etc and as most living on Boracay will likely be doing this it makes sense for businesses there to also use it. 

As I say, here in Iloilo I've never seen anyone use it then again I've never travelled out of the city.

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 2/6/2022 at 9:03 PM, Snowy79 said:

Anyone with an older vax cert needs to up date. https://web.facebook.com/hashtag/vaxcertph 

Thanks Snowy and all for this update and info.  It always amazes me that without you kind folks spreading the word about these CRITICAL changes, nobody would ever find out until it's too late.  I've downloaded this updated VaxCert and all is well.  Thanks again my friends.  :6::tiphat:

john

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1